Inspire or Infuse?

HK_Krazed

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I am not one to run out and get the newest phones. I like to find a good one and keep it until it craps out. Well, my 5+ year old BB Curve is on it's way. I can probably get about another year out of it until it is done for good. I thought with the new 4G phones coming this would be the best time to upgrade - but I am lost. I am going between the HTC Inspire and the Samsung Infuse. All this talk of HSPA+ and LTE and hummingbird and snapdragon is making my head hurt! Any thoughts would be appreciated!:cool:

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Just a thought about that

IMO, it all comes down to interface. HTC has Sense, Samsung has Touchwiz. Personally I prefer Sense over Touchwiz. Everyone is different but I would take the Inspire for HTCSense. Good luck in your choice as it is ultimately up to you. May you get many years of use out of either pick.

MarkPharaoh

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Inspire. I think 4.3 is too big, so 4.5 is even worse. I really disliked Touchwiz on my Captivate, along with the build quality and their KIES file system, I can't really recommend a Samsung device.

EDIT: May I ask why Atrix isn't one of your considered phones?

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Inspire. I think 4.3 is too big, so 4.5 is even worse. I really disliked Touchwiz on my Captivate, along with the build quality and their KIES file system, I can't really recommend a Samsung device.

EDIT: May I ask why Atrix isn't one of your considered phones?

i think the 4" 4.3" is perfect range although im 6'4 lol

infuse isnt really seeming that special to me id be torn between the inspire or atrix.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I am actually a big infuse guy, however it will not be released until summer and the atrix is around the corner making the choice too easy for me.

If you have the patience i would wait for the infuse and LTE to fully deploy.

HK_Krazed

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have owned Motorola's in the past and have never really liked them. I also take a lot of pictures with my phone and the camera on the Atrix is only 5 mp - I also personally like the bigger screens.

After more research I am not sure if I should just wait until the LTE phones are released - I don't use data now since my phone is really only capable of e-mail - so speed wise I am at a loss as I have nothing to compare with.

mattbe213

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have owned Motorola's in the past and have never really liked them. I also take a lot of pictures with my phone and the camera on the Atrix is only 5 mp - I also personally like the bigger screens.

After more research I am not sure if I should just wait until the LTE phones are released - I don't use data now since my phone is really only capable of e-mail - so speed wise I am at a loss as I have nothing to compare with.

Yeah! Go big or go home, unless its too big. Cough...samsung infuse...cough.

Matt

bmolloy

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I look at all of the Samsung Galaxy S users that are not even updated to 2.2 yet and have to say I will probably stay away from Samsung products because they are so slow to update. I am sure they want to blame it on carriers but the fact is not one of the carriers in the US have upgraded a Galaxy S phone yet even though samsung is already making a phone with 2.3 on it. (Nexux S) All this being said, the super AMOLED screen is gorgeous on the current Samsung phones and would only be better if it were bigger but 4.5 is really getting a bit big to shove in the pocket.

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I look at all of the Samsung Galaxy S users that are not even updated to 2.2 yet and have to say I will probably stay away from Samsung products because they are so slow to update. I am sure they want to blame it on carriers but the fact is not one of the carriers in the US have upgraded a Galaxy S phone yet even though samsung is already making a phone with 2.3 on it. (Nexux S) All this being said, the super AMOLED screen is gorgeous on the current Samsung phones and would only be better if it were bigger but 4.5 is really getting a bit big to shove in the pocket.

I agree, and the Inspire comes with 2.2 and will be updated to 2.3 at some point in the next year. The Infuse comes wth 2.2 also, but do we really want to hold our breaths for Samsung to release 2.3 for it? I don't think so!;):D I also agree about the screen size, 4.5 will be a little too big to shove in the pocket.

MarkPharaoh

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Although it does sucks that the Galaxy S phones haven't had an official 2.2 update it doesn't really matter unless you're someone who refuses to root.

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Although it does sucks that the Galaxy S phones haven't had an official 2.2 update it doesn't really matter unless you're someone who refuses to root.

Yup, that's basically what I was saying.;) If you want the Infuse, get it. Just don't wait for Samsung to release Gingerbread for it. If you really want it, root it and install it yourself.:D:cool:

austina

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I am debating this as well! Any help would be great! I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 now and I am ready to move over into Droid world. My Blackberry is a piece of crap.

I use my phone primarily for e-mail, apps like Facebook, Twitter, my calendar and will be using it for better apps come switching to Droid. I'm worried the infuse's screen will be too big for my back pocket, where I primarily keep my phone. I heard HTC is just a better brand regardless.

Please help!

Blanco720

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My Blackberry is a piece of crap.

Its not crap, its just 3-4 years behind the curve lol. BB sold a lot before Android and iOS matured. BB just hasn't been able to keep up.

The Inspire using Sense 2.0 has a dedicated 'friend stream' which is fuses facebook and twitter. Makes it really nice and streamlined to check whats going on. 4.3 is a big screen, but sometimes its nice when you are trying to type using the onscreen keyboard, especially coming from a BB. I think this is a good advice to choose for you. Go to the ATT store and play with it on Sunday. See if you don't agree ;)

tekgurl

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Screen size and interface aside, the Infuse trumps the HTC Inspire. I've had time with both of these devices. The super AMOLED screen on the Infuse is simply brilliant. It makes the HTC Inspire look washed out. I am a female with small hands and the size of the device isn't too big for me. Also, the Infuse feels more responsive and faster. I say, go out to AT&T and hold them side by side.

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
the Infuse feels more responsive and faster. I say, go out to AT&T and hold them side by side.

I would beg to differ about responsiveness. The Inspire has 768 of RAM and the Infuse has only 428 of RAM. You are never gonna get me to believe it is faster. I have 170+ apps installed and my Inspire is still quick, with no trace of slow down. When you can prove to me, even on a pc, that less RAM means more responsiveness, I will let it go and say you were right. I have seen the displays on Samsungs, yes, they are pretty. However, we didn't buy a Samsung, we bought an HTC. All of us has our reasons for not buying a Samsung. If you got one, excellent, you chose the best device for you. The tone of my post may seem like I'm biting your head off, but I'm not. I will end this by saying; don't just see it in the store, utilize the 30 day return window ATT gives you. Those display devices can get bogged down. I have seen it for myself at Walmart connection centers. You never know what other people, including the salespeople, have done to the device. Pick one up, try it for a day or 2, exchange it, play with that for a day or 2 and then decide if your gonna keep it or exchange it back to the other device.

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't matter how much ram something has if it doesn't utilize it properly. That being said, I had the inspire for a few months and just got the infuse now and I must say the infuse is hands down more responsive and faster. I can noticeably tell that the infuse is more snappier. As for the build quality, I had an old Samsung clamshell phone that my parent now uses and its been going for at least 5 or so years now. Still ticking. Yes this phone is a little bigger and I am not a big guy but it works for me and doesn't feel too cumbersome. It is also much much lighter than the inspire and very thin! So it doesn't feel as big as it is. As for touchwiz and sense. They both have their perks. I honestly don't see what the fuss is about touchwiz as I have not had a problem with it.

One last thing...the screen is amazing. Puts any other screen to shame and is gorgeous. I can't say enough good things about it. I have also got at almost double the battery life on this infuse versus the inspire that I'd have to charge at least twice a day. Great phone.

Sent from da infuse mon!

killingwthasmile

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I went to an AT&T store over the weekend to get a Speck Candy Shell case for my inspire and while I was there I played around with an Infuse. I will agree that the device is much snappier than my Inspire.

The screen on the Infuse is GORGEOUS and put my Inspire's screen to shame. It is also amazing how light and how thin the Infuse is in comparison to the Inspire. I was also impressed that the devices are about the same width with the Infuse being slightly longer.

To the people posting before about the Captivate owners being stuck without Froyo I think there are 2 contributing factors to this. 1 was AT&T's exclusivity with Apple and making sure apple customers were happy since it was such a LARGE client base, and 2 AT&T and Samsung probably pushed it off because of the Infuse. Now that the iPhone exclusivity is over I think AT&T will put more resources in to keeping their Android customers happy starting with the Infuse allowing no market apps. I think they'll be much more timely with updates for all android phones from here on out, but only time will tell.

The touchwiz is a little ugly and has weird icons rather than the normal icons, and I dislike the iOS style side to side swiping in the applications menu, but all of those issues i think would be solved with a new launcher.

I'm very happy with my Inspire but I left that store thinking I should have waited the few months to get the Infuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21