Imspire or atrix?

cody_21

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I was wanting some opinions on if i should get the atrix or the inspire. Im not gettin the laptop dock just yet if i get the atrix because i will be buying one of the phones for retail price.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
it depends on several things.
1. price. inspire is cheaper.
2. skin: ie. motoblur vs sense. go to store and play with both devices. you either love or hate motoblur. personally i hate it
3. phone size. inspire is 4.3 and atrix is 4. you need to hold both to see which is more comfortable
neither phone is a clear winner. it will all depend on what you are looking for and what fits you

aparat

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Inspire and I had the same dilemma. My reasons were purely subjective based on handling the device at the store. I also read reports of call quality issues on the Motorola. Not sure of I believed them, but I did read positive reviews did the Inspire, so it was a factor for me.

Subjectively, HTC Sense just feels polished and has relatively little unnecessary bloated. The HTC Sense Web services seem useful, such as finding your phone on the map, wiping it remotely, and ringing it from a Web browser.

My experience so far has been positive enough to make me keep the phone. I consider myself a power user though I currently have no need to root the phone.

Sent using Tapatalk

dressagerider

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I had the atrix on trial and switched to the inspire.

The atrix is a nice phone, but I do not feel like it is great. I experienced lagging, difficulty connecting to my wifi and I did not like the screen at all. It seemed dull and the icons are terribly small. I also did not like motoblur and felt like I was constantly downloading widgets and launchers to make a more sense like phone.

I traded the atrix within my trial period for the inspire and love this phone!! It is fast and really nice to look at.

Good Luck with your decision!

clintrojan

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The inspire.

Atrix doesn't even benefit from the dual-core yet and the motoblur severely handicaps it. The Inspire with the single core is faster overall.

I am not sure about the rooting/hacking of the atrix but it is only worth it if you can root it and get a custom rom. Last I heard the bootloader was locked and you couldn't. Also heard the new update that is suppose to fix the call quality makes it even harder to hack into.

jstevenj

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I looked at both b4 going with the Inspire. The screen is larger plus the atrix buttons at the bottom take up a lot of the screen. Cost was an issue for me and I had no intentions of buying the dock for the atrix. The processor is plenty fast, I was using the touch pro 2 and if I accumulated over about 200-300 txt msg it would get slugish. The inspire has over 1600 and I can't tell any difference in performance. I can't compare that tothe atrix but just saying.

cordell507

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
inspire

i currently have the atrix but i hate it, it's slow and ive had to trade it twice because of defective hardware but now im past my 1 month return period so im going to put it up on ebay after finals this week and get the inspire of i might hold off until the SGS II is announced for US

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Had Inspire traded for Atrix and traded back for Inspire. Haven't looked back since. The Atrix HAD potential but Motorola blew it it's a waste if you want an Atrix might as well get an iPhone and JB it.

Goodeye

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
i currently have the atrix but i hate it, it's slow and ive had to trade it twice because of defective hardware but now im past my 1 month return period so im going to put it up on ebay after finals this week and get the inspire of i might hold off until the SGS II is announced for US

As someone who came from a Galaxy S phone PLEASE do not get the SGS II. Samsung android phones look nice and worth it, but in the long run are NOT.

I got the Captivate back in December, and now here in April just moved to the Inspire, trust me Inspire is way better.

ReuvenNY

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
Since I was looking for 4.3 inch screen, for me it was a non contest. Heck, I even switched to AT&T because T-Mobile only had 4.0 screen machines or smaller.
In general, in my opinion HTC has superior phones to Motorola's.

heavykrush

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I was on the Atrix for 3 weeks before switching to the Inspire. The Atrix had poor voice quality, (about 1/4 of my calls had complaints that impounded muffled), and it would not connect to my companies VPN. No brainer for me.

Conor18

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
It seems like people are biased in their opinions depending on which form you are on. Go post this question in the Atrix forums and see what the answers are. I personally have the Atrix and love it. No problems at all with it. Friend has the Inspire and said he loves my dual core goodness x)

clintrojan

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Since I was looking for 4.3 inch screen, for me it was a non contest. Heck, I even switched to AT&T because T-Mobile only had 4.0 screen machines or smaller.
In general, in my opinion HTC has superior phones to Motorola's.

You should of waited for the HTC Sensation. That phone has me wishing I was with T-Mo

robin48

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I currently have both. I really like both phones. A friend of mine needs a phone so i will probably sell him my Atrix, but only because I like the bigger screen. I have had no issues with the Atrix other than a problem connecting with the market and a member here gave me the fix for that. It is working fine now. I also have no problem with Motoblur.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress