AT&T's Return Policy

sw33ndawg

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I want to give this phone a chance but will most likely be switching to the Atrix when it comes out. If I buy this phone for the upgrade price and decide to exchange it when the Atrix is released will my upgrade be void and force me to pay full price for the Atrix? Or is the upgrade price still applicable?

winsettr

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
As I understand it, you have 30 days to decide you do not want to hang on to an upgraded phone for two years. So as long as the Atrix comes out by March 13 (or 30 days after you get the Inspire), you shouldn't have any problems returning the Inspire within 30 days and getting the Atrix at the 2 year upgrade discounted price. That being said, I'm pretty sure you cannot just keep returning a phone every 30 days for a different model (or maybe you can?) so there are probably some restrictions. I would make sure to ask your AT&T rep to be sure.

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
As I understand it, you have 30 days to decide you do not want to hang on to an upgraded phone for two years. So as long as the Atrix comes out by March 13 (or 30 days after you get the Inspire), you shouldn't have any problems returning the Inspire within 30 days and getting the Atrix at the 2 year upgrade discounted price. That being said, I'm pretty sure you cannot just keep returning a phone every 30 days for a different model (or maybe you can?) so there are probably some restrictions. I would make sure to ask your AT&T rep to be sure.

Also, if you can do that, then get the Inspire in a couple weeks when we find out the exact release date of the Atrix. That way you can get the Inspire and be sure you're gonna be able to get the Atrix in that 30 day return window.

spoiler61

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Go to costco, I just got the inspire from there. (1st time at costco) They have no restocking fee and the exchange policy is 90 days, return policy is 30 days. Plus you get a free accesories kit and it's only 79.00..

Ryan Roland

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
as for att exchange policy, the phone must be in like new condition which is free of any scratches or dings and after you exchange your original purchase date is still the date they use for returns or cancellation so you can't just keep exchanging every 30 days and a COR att store will charge 35 bucks restocking fee for returns or exchanges unless the phone is defective

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I want to give this phone a chance but will most likely be switching to the Atrix when it comes out. If I buy this phone for the upgrade price and decide to exchange it when the Atrix is released will my upgrade be void and force me to pay full price for the Atrix? Or is the upgrade price still applicable?

Then again, the Atrix is coming out on March 4th. So I say just hold out for the Atrix these next 2 weeks. That way you don't "waste" your upgrade on a device you'll just get rid of anyway.

sw33ndawg

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Then again, the Atrix is coming out on March 4th. So I say just hold out for the Atrix these next 2 weeks. That way you don't "waste" your upgrade on a device you'll just get rid of anyway.

Ok... Confused now. Someone told me doing this won't burn my upgrade and I cab still exchange it and get the upgrade price for the atrix

sw33ndawg

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Also, if you can do that, then get the Inspire in a couple weeks when we find out the exact release date of the Atrix. That way you can get the Inspire and be sure you're gonna be able to get the Atrix in that 30 day return window.

The release date is officially march 6

Treeter

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I may or may not be an employee of AT&T (hint hint)

But you get a 30 day return policy, as long as you don't beat the phone up, you can return it, and either have your contract removed if you go back to your old device or get a new device @ the upgrade price.

There is a $35 restock fee and you can only do this one time.

Reactions: winsettr

Ryan Roland

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok... Confused now. Someone told me doing this won't burn my upgrade and I cab still exchange it and get the upgrade price for the atrix

if you buy the inspire and in less than 30 days wanna get the Atrix it will be considered a Buyer Remorse Exchange and you get the upgrade price of course. once you've kept a phone longer than 30 days its yours and if you want to buy a phone 3 months from now you can but you pay retail price. or use another lines upgrade like i typically do

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, you can do that. I was just sayin that the Atrix will arrive the third week from today and that you should "try" to hold out for the Atrix. It's just up to you what you wanna do.:)

MarkPharaoh

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I may or may not be an employee of AT&T (hint hint)

But you get a 30 day return policy, as long as you don't beat the phone up, you can return it, and either have your contract removed if you go back to your old device or get a new device @ the upgrade price.

There is a $35 restock fee and you can only do this one time.

When you say one time, you mean one time per device, correct? So I could have the Inspire for 30 days, return it, get an Atrix, and decide to return that as well within 30 days?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome