Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 63
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Does anyone's network say HSPA+ yet?

    If you go to Settings -> About Phone -> Network you can see whether you are on UMTS, HSDPA (or HSPA+?).

    I have heard that the network is not even live yet, but I'm wondering if there are any anomalies out there.

    I see HSDPA.
  2. #2  
    Shad0w26's Avatar

    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

    Default

    Mine says HSDPA
  3. #3  
    tonyflo04's Avatar

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Just got mine (switched from Iphone 3gs) I have an "H+" on mine so I assume i am on the HSPA+
  4. #4  
    textiaac's Avatar

    Posts
    545 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Both the ones in the store said H+.
  5. #5  
    NativeTxn's Avatar

    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STL_Blues_Fan View Post
    Just got mine (switched from Iphone 3gs) I have an "H+" on mine so I assume i am on the HSPA+
    Mine shows "H+" and the check mark below it, but when I go into the setting menu and look in the "about phone" section it still say "HSDPA"
  6. #6  
    Shad0w26's Avatar

    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

    Default

    Mine says H+ on the notification bar, but under About Phone it says HSDPA. Also I just went on to ATT.com to check if I had the 4G Unlimited Data plan and look what I found..



    They messed up my data packages. Back on the phone..
  7. #7  
    MarkPharaoh's Avatar

    Posts
    53 Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

    Default

    Just to confirm the other posts the ones here also had H+ but when going through the settings was only HSDPA.
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shad0w26 View Post
    Mine says H+ on the notification bar, but under About Phone it says HSDPA. Also I just went on to ATT.com to check if I had the 4G Unlimited Data plan and look what I found..



    They messed up my data packages. Back on the phone..
    They changed my plan too. He had a memo that stated that if you didn't choose an HSPA+ compatible plan you wouldn't have any data connectivity.
  9. #9  

    Default

    isn't H+ the same as HSDPA.. they just use H+ on the top bar because HSDPA won't fit. Right?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default

    @Shad0w

    Sorry to see that. This is what mine shows now:



    And to everyone saying they see a H+, I'm pretty sure all of the Inspires say that even if you are on HSDPA. You need to go into the settings to check.
  11. #11  
    NativeTxn's Avatar

    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markbaron View Post
    They changed my plan too. He had a memo that stated that if you didn't choose an HSPA+ compatible plan you wouldn't have any data connectivity.
    I think there is a high possibility that that memo is garbage. The rep at the AT&T store said I could keep my unlimited data package, and my online account shows that my data is the "SmartPhone Personal Unlimited" for $30.00.

    I am able to get to websites, I've downloaded apps, and I'm currently syncing with my htcsense.com account.
  12. #12  
    mrnserv's Avatar

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

    Default

    AT&T store rep told me would be able to keep unlimited data with 4G, but did need to get a new SIM card when switched to Inspire. Online says unlimited data still but not under 4G section, rep said 4G wasn't even active yet, so don't worry about it. Phone says H+ with Check under it at top now.
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elrol View Post
    isn't H+ the same as HSDPA.. they just use H+ on the top bar because HSDPA won't fit. Right?
    I do believe that is correct
  14. #14  
    anthonok's Avatar

    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

    Default

    No HSPA+ here but like everyone else i do have the H+ in the status bar.
  15. #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anthonok View Post
    No HSPA+ here but like everyone else i do have the H+ in the status bar.
    Same thing here...
  16. #16  

    Default turning off hspa

    Hey guys, if like on the iPhone u would want to save some batt and switch to edge, how can we do that on our inspires? thanks!!!
  17. #17  

    Default

    I just drove back from Vegas to Southern California this morning and aside from the few points that are EDGE and GPRS on that drive the Inspire showed H+ the whole way.

    I ran speed tests the whole drive with the Inspire and my wife's iPhone 4 sitting side by side. (don't worry, I wasn't the one driving) There was little to no difference between the two the whole drive, telling me that if there is in fact "back haul" to be turned on it is not on along this route.

    On a side note, AT&T is down right atrocious in Vegas. The speeds there were never even close to 1MB down and it took about 3 times dialing a number to get it to connect. Wow, I see why people hate on at&T so much! Where I live I have solid 3G coverage and always have about 2-2.5 MB down. The inspire had the exact same results at my house that my Nexus one has had for the past year and a half. I guess the "4G" is not on here either.
  18. #18  
    mrro82's Avatar
    Mr. Ro.

    Posts
    1,939 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,226 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWizJB leak

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bmolloy View Post
    I just drove back from Vegas to Southern California this morning and aside from the few points that are EDGE and GPRS on that drive the Inspire showed H+ the whole way.

    I ran speed tests the whole drive with the Inspire and my wife's iPhone 4 sitting side by side. (don't worry, I wasn't the one driving) There was little to no difference between the two the whole drive, telling me that if there is in fact "back haul" to be turned on it is not on along this route.

    On a side note, AT&T is down right atrocious in Vegas. The speeds there were never even close to 1MB down and it took about 3 times dialing a number to get it to connect. Wow, I see why people hate on at&T so much! Where I live I have solid 3G coverage and always have about 2-2.5 MB down. The inspire had the exact same results at my house that my Nexus one has had for the past year and a half. I guess the "4G" is not on here either.
    It totally depends on where you are for the dropped calls issues. I've never had a dropped call where I live.
  19. #19  

    Default

    In Rochester, NY and have HSDPA :\
  20. #20  
    mrro82's Avatar
    Mr. Ro.

    Posts
    1,939 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,226 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWizJB leak

    Default

    One of the reps at the ATT store said H+ was just 3G. I think he personally didn't consider it 4G and that's why he said that. Edge shows up as an E though.
    Last edited by mrro82; 02-14-2011 at 11:24 AM.
  21. #21  
    sheanzyy's Avatar

    Posts
    19 Posts
    ROM
    Cm7

    Default

    They haven't fully rolled out the "4G" yet. Didn't they say by the end of March?
  22. #22  
    mrro82's Avatar
    Mr. Ro.

    Posts
    1,939 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,226 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWizJB leak

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheanzyy View Post
    They haven't fully rolled out the "4G" yet. Didn't they say by the end of March?
    Apparently they turned it on yesterday for my area. At least that's what the rep said anyway.
  23. #23  

    Default

    I have the H+ on my phone screen but they told me that my 4g sim card would be mailed to me.
  24. #24  

    Default

    Do you NEED a 4G sim card to be able to get the HSDPA+ speeds? The rep in the store just put in my older sim card that was in my Fuze and AFAIK, I don't think we'll be needing new "4G" sim cards until they launch LTE...and that's if you get an LTE phone. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Slapdaddy; 02-14-2011 at 08:43 PM.
  25. #25  

    Default

    Seems weird to me that AT&T is selling "4G" phones and their "4G" network isn't even available to us. I said that to a rep over the phone and she was speechless.

    Would be nice to see it rolled out to all current 3G areas. From what I understand, it'll be on the same bandwidth as the 3G network. Am I understanding that right?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B