AT&T Put up their 4G map!

elrol

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I went into an AT&T corp store yesterday in Fairfax VA(near Washington DC) and they had SpeedTest already installed on the demo device, so I tested it out and never got more than 2000 kbps down and about 350 kbps up. So the DC market does not have the "4g" service yet either.

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
There IS 4G equipment out there, they just haven't finished putting in the backhaul yet to support it. Some cities are already active, but most aren't.

AT&T made a HUGE mistake by advertising for their 4G network with their new phones when it isn't even active yet in the majority of the country. And because of it, they're experiencing negative reviews for phones like the Atrix.

They have been advertising 3G too but until recently most of the country was still EDGE. Heck, it's still EDGE near my house.

Laceeey

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the dc area, covered with 4g but I am def not get 4g speeds, they told me it wont be up til July when I bought the phone.....

Art1138

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Check out this coverage map--for any carrier. I think it is the best I've seen online. You might want to watch the short tutorial first and then you can zoom in to a several block area to check reported voice or data quality.
Root Wireless - CNET Reviews

And of course we all know there is no real 4G in the U.S. yet!