AT&T Put up their 4G map!

dsmkrt

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Now, when you roll over the map, cities that have 4G will appear. You can click on them and see a detail map.

att.com/network

Can anyone who lives in these areas report on the speeds?

elrol

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I am in the Washington DC/Baltimore MD area.. I should be able to report on the speeds in about a week. (after my current contract is up) :p They do not seem to have a lot of cities listed on that coverage map yet. Hopefully they will roll out to more localities fairly quick.

bmolloy

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I live about 20 miles south of where the "greater LA area" ends. Hopefully it will spread to me soon.

The best part of this is the only HSPA+ phone available right now is android and the map doesn't work with google chrome. Classic.

Phoenix111

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I am in the Washington DC/Baltimore MD area.. I should be able to report on the speeds in about a week. (after my current contract is up) :p They do not seem to have a lot of cities listed on that coverage map yet. Hopefully they will roll out to more localities fairly quick.

I'm actually near you elrol, except I live on the Eastern Shore. Can't imagine how long it will take for 4g to make its way over here.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

skroll

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the Detroit area and the day I got my Inspire (a day early, thanks to Costco) I had HSPA+ the second it was turned on.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
...weird! I can't believe that Atlanta\Georgia is not covered for 4G, with AT&T.

So begs the question, how fast WILL my HTC be after all?

ShippsAhoy

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't see the map you're talking about. I followed your link att.com/network and clicked on coverage, but just found the same old static map they had which doesn't depict 4G coverage (fine print).

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I don't see the map you're talking about. I followed your link att.com/network and clicked on coverage, but just found the same old static map they had which doesn't depict 4G coverage (fine print).
Zoom your mouse over the Baltimore/Dallas/Houston/Providance, RI areas and an orange circle will appear that you can click on to see a more defined area of coverage.

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I just tried it and it worked in Google Chrome. Perhaps they've been reading about all of the complaints and are trying to improve the experience. They're rethinking possible.

mackie99

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Riverside, CA. It's on the AT&T map as having coverage. My Inspire shows H+.

I did the follow speed tests:

2810 / 375
3131 / 411
2750 / 380

Most current:
3018 / 178

Boston "has" 4g ... I got inspire today and tested it right away near the ATT store.

2436 / 359 ... my fastest result ever on this new phone.

Now, I live between boston and providence and it looks like we have 4g here as well. so I ran some tests on my old iphone 3gs and the new inspire 4g running on 4g network :)

here are some screenshots:

Inspire 4G

speedtest.png

iphone 3gs

speedtest1.jpg

speedtest2.jpg

As you may see, iPhone 3GS is the same in speeds as Inspire 4G and peaks speed on iPhone was 2750 ...

how the hell are they the same speed? well I guess there is no 4G on AT&T ... lol :D

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
There IS 4G equipment out there, they just haven't finished putting in the backhaul yet to support it. Some cities are already active, but most aren't.

AT&T made a HUGE mistake by advertising for their 4G network with their new phones when it isn't even active yet in the majority of the country. And because of it, they're experiencing negative reviews for phones like the Atrix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech