Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Step one i get "The system cannot find the specified path" i have checked everything over and over its all right just wont work all the drivers are installed the sideloader says my drivers are fine it just wont work

Quote Originally Posted by jrdnmoore3 View Post
    Step one i get "The system cannot find the specified path" i have checked everything over and over its all right just wont work all the drivers are installed the sideloader says my drivers are fine it just wont work
    I'm in the process of doing this myself, had this problem then noticed my AC-SWM downloaded as AC_SWM. when you type it in, use "cd C:\AC_SWM" thats how I got mine to work anyway.

Correct, use AC_SWM instead of AC-SWM

Red face blonde moment on phone..ugh

steps 11-12 i am having issues with thru cmd.exe im getting this error..... "remote object '/data/data/com.swype.android.installer/files/mypackage.apk' does not exist"

i had the error saying about the market with settings/cancel i pressed cancel and nothing, now the error im getting when i go thru the list of apps on my phone i click on swype installer, it has an option to update it says...... "There is a problem parsing the package." WATS THIS??? lol i click ok and then update again and it takes me back to the install blocked error...... for security ur fone is set 2 block apps not thru the market yada yada yada.

Please help me and if possible email me!!!!

Thumbs up Perfect!

Thanks! After messing with it for a loooong time, I finally got it to work. My problem was that I had multiple swype-installer.apk files so I went in and deleted all of them and downloaded the file from the original email from swype. I then followed the instructions and it worked. I now have SWYPE on my inspire! Way to go and thanks for the instructions.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo4door View Post
    Was having a similar issue (see post above this one).
    I had to exchange my Inspire and removed the memory card from my original that had Swype installed. Couldn't get it installed on this new on.

Finally had to go in, remove all instances of swype-installer from the download folder on the SD Card. Then remove the mypackage.apk from AC_SWM folder on my computer. Then start from where you download the Swype installer from the beta program and follow the steps from there. Got it working now, hopefully that helps.
    i have done what u said --- i took all the previous swype downloads out the sd dwnld folder and when i go into the SWM on my computer there is no 'mypackage' - i think this is my problem since it is saying "remote object '/data/data/com.swype.android.installer/files/mypackage.apk' does not exist"

You are using a - instead of a _. I did the same thing. So you should type cd C:\AC_SWM

What did you do to fix it? I'm having the same problem

Default Help

I can't even get it to recognize the first prompt (cd C:\AC-SWM) and I put the folder in the C: drive and I also have installed HTC sense and have enabled debugging, and have it in charge only mode. I am going crazy without Swype on my Inspire. Please help me figure out what I am doing wrong. Thanks

ROM
    The MidNote 1.4.2 Rom

After step 7, it's telling me "can't find 'swype-installer.apk' to install

Had trouble with the commands in the beginning. I don't trust myself, so I copy and paste. I noticed the reason the first command wasn't working was because there was a dash where and underscore should be on step 4. (cd C:\AC-SWM). Since I was copying and pasting, it wasn't reading the command correctly. Once I switched out the character, this whole guide worked like a charm! Swype is now successfully installed on my HTC Inspire!! Thanks Scroll and Androidcentral!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skroll View Post
    Windows users get these:
    1) http://forum.androidcentral.com/andr...e-windows.html
    2)

Linux/Mac users get this:
    1) http://forum.androidcentral.com/andr...linux-mac.html

Steps:
    1)
    Windows: Install HTC sync, reboot afterwards to ensure the drivers are snuggled into your system. Install Sideload Wonder Machine by downloading the zip file in the link I posted, and copy the AC-SWM directory into C:\ (for simplicity)
    Mac/Linux: Download the Sideload Wonder Machine zip in the link, open it and extract it somewhere. Open a terminal and type: "cd /path/to/directory", then, "chmod +x swm-install.sh", then "./swm-install.sh". On the mac, it will point you to a URL that contains the package, for linux it will install it automatically.

2) Ensure your device has USB debug mode enabled, to do this, go to Settings -> Applications -> Development, and check the "USB Debugging" option.

3) Plug your phone in to your computer, make sure you are in "Charge Only" Mode. (drag the notification bar at the top down to see what mode you're in, tap to change it, make sure you hit DONE).

4)
    Windows:
    Open up a command prompt (Start -> Run, type "cmd") and then type: "cd C:\AC-SWM"
    Type "adb devices"
    You SHOULD see an HTC device listed. If not, you either didn't enable debugging or your drivers are not correct. If you do not see a device, STOP.

Mac/Linux
    Open up your favorite terminal, type "cd /path/to/where/you/extracted/it" and type "./adb devices"
    You SHOULD see an HTC device listed. If not either there's a problem with your USB connection or you didn't enable USB debugging. If you do not see a device, STOP.

5) Sign up for the swype beta if you haven't already, and after you have gone through the process and they sent you your download link, DOWNLOAD the file to your device.

6)
    Windows: type: "adb pull /mnt/sdcard/download/Swype-Installer.apk Swype-Installer.apk", this will download the installer to your local machine. If there's a problem it's most likely that your device is in USB disk drive mode, and your computer is mounting your filesystem. Make sure you are in charge mode.

Mac/Linux: type: "./adb pull /mnt/sdcard/download/Swype-Installer.apk ./Swype-Installer.apk", this will download the installer to your local machine. If there's a problem it's most likely that your device is in USB disk drive mode, and your computer is mounting your filesystem. Make sure you are in charge mode.

7)
    Windows: type: "adb install Swype-Installer.apk"
    Mac/Linux: type: "./adb install ./Swype-Installer.apk"

8) You may need to restart your phone to see the installer, but under your applications, you SHOULD see "Swype Installer". Run it.

9) During the install, you can pick either Swype Full or Swype English/Spanish, pick your version.

10) A warning will pop up saying that applications from outside the marketplace cannot be installed. DON'T WORRY, BUT DON'T CLICK ANYTHING YET.

11)
    Windows: type "adb pull /data/data/com.swype.android.installer/files/mypackage.apk ./mypackage.apk"
    Mac/Linux: type "./adb pull /data/data/com.swype.android.installer/files/mypackage.apk ./mypackage.apk"

12)
    Windows: type "adb install mypackage.apk"
    Mac/Linux: type "./adb install ./mypackage.apk"

13) Click the "Cancel" button on the warning, install should proceed as normal! If not, just run the installer again, it'll pick up the package and you are all set.

If you don't get the Swype keyboard, make sure the Swype installer was completed, you can always start it again. If it IS complete and you still don't see it, reboot your phone.

Also, to enable/disable Swype, go to Settings -> Language & keyboard and make sure "Swype" is checked.

Let me know if you have any problems.
    I can't get past step 5 ....I can't install the swype installer any suggestions?

please help

I can't get past #5..went to the swype page downloaded the installer but it will not let me install it any suggestiond as to why this isn't working I went to my settings but nothing pops up there it is sooo frustrating

Thanks
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by jackie31_99 View Post
    please help

I can't get past #5..went to the swype page downloaded the installer but it will not let me install it any suggestiond as to why this isn't working I went to my settings but nothing pops up there it is sooo frustrating

Thanks
    Jackie
    ok before i attempted anything, i downloaded the installer after creating an account on swype. that way, after step 5 all i had to do was login. really simple.

this took me less than 5 minutes to install and i'm not that computer savy(sp?). open the command prompt and simply copy and paste every command the OP posted and it's a breeze from there. like everyone else previously mentioned, it's AC_SWM.

Hey. I've just gotten my HTC Desire and I followed these directions and have swype up and running. Thanks!

And to anyone having a problem on starting the command prompt: It wasn't allowing me to change AC-SWM to AC_SWM, so I just renamed the folder in the C: to AC-SWM.

It keeps saying does not exist

Nevermind It Worked. Had to re-download the Swype Beta again.

i too am having trouble doing this... when I type "cd C:\AC_SWM" it says cannot find path specified. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much for this! It took me a while to get everything in order, but I'm all set up and swyping away now.

I am new to the babble as well and cant get past step 4. says path does not exist, what am i doing wrong???

can you walk me through this like i was an 8 year old??? lol

got halfway through 4 and now says adb not found. no devices????? going crazy! p;lease help...

Ok I am a newbie, I have tried on both Mac and PC. I put the AC-SWm thing in my C drive and it just says Path wasnt found. Same thing with my mac, path or directory can not be found. Help???

Default Step 11???

Hi Skroll, Could you please help me with installing Swype. I can't get pass #11. It says it does not exist. I've done this before with success but that was back in Feb 2011, before the new update. Could that have something to do with it? Also, If I just whats the word.. jailbreak? my phone, would this be much easier? Thanks for your time! I REALLY appreciate it!

Sherriee

im not very good with computers but am very determined to get this. When i do step 4 either a new command prompt or a box asking what i should use to open the file opens up, i know debug mode is on and i restarted the computer after installing htc sync? help
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast