[Guide] Installing Swype Beta on HTC Inspire 4G

angleslam08

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
awesome, worked like a charm. had problem at first because i downloaded the installer that put the folder in your C drive already, but the CMD prompts weren't working at all, so i re downloaded the zip version and then put it in manually, then everything worked perfectly.

kstrohm

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Great tutorial!
Worked perfect!
May be useful to add one step to the end. When your composing the message how you need to tap and hold down in box area to change to Swype.

Thanks for this!!

lookmomnohands

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Not exactly intuitive, especially since "auto install of sideloader is not available on mac"... And then I couldn't get it to install the .apk file, but I just pulled it down to my computer again, and it worked.

HazNation

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Resolved it for me

I tried alot of methods posted. Then saw the note here to restart my PC even after HTC Sync was working for me just to be sure drivers took. I did and went back through the steps here....

and I now have Swype. Love it. Thank you!!:)

Trapper

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
for what its worth downloaded flexT9 text input from the market cost me $5.00 but well worth it great app swype plus voice to text option no root needed.

Ess2s2

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It may be worth mentioning that recently, AT&T pushed an Over The Air update that opened HTC Inspire 4G phones (among a handful of others) to allow *native* sideloading of third party apps. This includes apps from the Amazon store as well as the Swype betas.

In other words, these phones no longer block attempts to load apps from sources other than the Android Market and thus, Sideload Wonder Machine is no longer needed to get Swype working.

Now if they would just stop charging for the ability to tether we would be set!

Reactions: dinah_kay

Ess2s2

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Robsie2300,

Go to any text box and longpress it. A dialogue will pop up where you can select your input method. Select Swype. Party on.

straightupstaticx

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP. I HAVE SPENT FIVE HOURS ON THIS. I keep trying to install it. I will try and not succeed and unstinall the swype installer from my phone, and the swype-installer.apk from my computer.

I ALWAYS get stuck at step 11. gives me a message like remote file doesnt exist or something of that nature im sure a few other ppl have seen .this is on windows vista to an ATT HTC Inspire 4g. I always make it to step 11 and that code NEVER works. and yes I saw the post about the missing space between pull and / or whatever it was. which must have been edited bc it was typed fine when I looked at your directions. someone please tell me what I can do to get this to work. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and doing it from scratch OVER AND OVER im SOOOOOOOOOOO aggravated. I am a texting so I got this phone thinking I would use swype. If I cant its a no deal for me.this HAS to work. please help someone email me at:

straightupstaticx@yahoo.com, or call 513-417-2859. I am so desperate I may be willing to pay someone via paypal to help me with this. please email me. I just joined so idk anything about PMs on here.

chay3753

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Well i've installed the htc sync and the sideloader but whenever i copy and paste the first action into my command promp it says path not recognized. idk what to do. i've tried everything.

akaiaki

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
One of the only downsides I saw to the Inspire was the lack of Swype...looking forward to getting the phone and trying this out. Fingers crossed that everything works! Thanks so much for the tut!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12