Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

I used cd C:\AC_SWM instead of C:\AC-SWM and it worked.

Yep that is it, somebody should change that on the instructions in post 1.

I cant even get that far, when I get my link from Swyoe Beta, it tells me "Sorry! This is not an Android phone."
    Should I be using a gmail address for registration? I used my yahoo address.

Quote Originally Posted by gant77 View Post
    I cant even get that far, when I get my link from Swyoe Beta, it tells me "Sorry! This is not an Android phone."
    Should I be using a gmail address for registration? I used my yahoo address.
    Give it a try...I used my gmail addy, no problems with my N1 (rooted) and Inspire (not rooted).

Its possible but I used my POP account without any issues.

I have the same problem as KRoberts...please advise. I followed everything else right to the tee but when I enter cd C:\AC-SWM I get "The system cannot find the path specified."

Quote Originally Posted by Rithira View Post
    I have the same problem as KRoberts...please advise. I followed everything else right to the tee but when I enter cd C:\AC-SWM I get "The system cannot find the path specified."
    Set post 201:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...tml#post818028

used cd C:\AC_SWM instead

I managed to install swype on my htc inspire 4g ATT, i just cant seem to use it, eveytime i open a text or email the Default HTC keyboard shows up.

Help plz

You have to select Swype as your keyboard. Installing it just adds the option to select it. This is true for any keyboard you add in Android. When in a text box area, long press and the option for "Input Method" will come up. Hit that and choose Swype.

forget swype guys, just search "Slide IT" in the android market and use that, no backdoor installation, no glitches and works just great!

I've used both and find Swype to be lightyears ahead of SlideIt. SlideIt feels like a cheap imitation.

thank you for the awesome install instructions, looked hard at first and it was super easy. Works perfectly!!!

I have installed this and i have gotten the keyboard up to type but right when I start to type a message pops up saying something about the swype needing to be upgraded. I have tried uninstalling it and going through the whole process again and it still down not work and I don't know why.

New to Android and just got my Inspire. Took a bit to figure out what all the technobabble meant, but once I did, the guide worked like a charm. Swype is awesome! Thanks!

Default THANK YOU!

All I can say is I LOVE YOU!! I have spent HOURS trying to get Swype loaded on my Inspire. Your tutorial was PERFECT! I can now Swype again!

When I get to step 7 and type in adb install Swype-Installer.apk I get an error message of "can't find Swype-Installer.apk to install" but when I navigate out to the folder, it's there. Please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Racing666 View Post
    When I get to step 7 and type in adb install Swype-Installer.apk I get an error message of "can't find Swype-Installer.apk to install" but when I navigate out to the folder, it's there. Please advise.
    Look again at the file name. It might be named: Swype_Installer.apk (notice the underscore). That is a common issue.

So I got past the entire part requiring the computer and got the installer on my phone, but I keep getting the warning message every time i try to run the installer, and the installer (when I press cancel) never finishes installing swype...any suggestions????

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Default Worked on my Aria

Thanks, easy to do, took 5 min, thanks!

I got it installed, works great until I restart the phone. Then I can only touch type the letters, swype does not work. When I try to swpye, the phone just yells at me. Piece of ****.

Ok I got the Installer up on my phone but whenever I try to log in it tells me "There was a data error, likely due to a bad network connection. Please try again." even though I have 4-5 bars of H+. What's going on?

ROM
    Gingerbeast

Thank you :dddd i love you

Quote Originally Posted by Racing666 View Post
    I got it installed, works great until I restart the phone. Then I can only touch type the letters, swype does not work. When I try to swpye, the phone just yells at me. Piece of ****.
    That will happen each time the phone reboots. Just pick another keyboard in input setting, then go back and pick Swype. Problem solved.

Default SWM Mac not working

i cant seem to get pass step one ... i click the link and some script comes out, i save it to my comp and use the terminal but once i type the needed message in the terminal it says "no such file or directory" what am i doing wrong... im using a mac

any help would be great
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast