[Guide] Installing Swype Beta on HTC Inspire 4G

tb582

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Since ATT sent out the non-market app update. Its as easy as going to SWYPE.COM and just downloading it! I did it in a few minutes.

Doesn't look like my phone has the update as it still doesntballow me to install non market place apps. How do I get the update now?

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site

hobotone

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings-Applications. If there is "unknown sources" on top, check the box. You now HAVE the update! There is really NO warning that the update has come. You have to check for it daily. After that, go to SWYPE.COM and download the INSTALLER.

angelfyre20

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
FINALLY got this to work!! I refused to believe that I couldn't work around it and that I would have to wait for the update, which is total crap. So for anyone that still wants swype but doesn't want to wait for the update, you can still get it by following the method in the first post. Takes patience and time but well worth it. HA! Screw AT&T and their stupid rules. Woohoo!!

thimal888

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi Hello everyone quick question. When I type cd C\AC-SWM it tell me basically it doesn't exist or can't find it. Can you guys help or know why..?

Check your directory to make sure exactly where you downloaded the Sideload Wonder Machine...my folder was called AC_SWM so I changed it to that. As long as you put the right file path it should work.

thimal888

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I have completed all the steps and now have the Swype option checked on my phone...however when I go to text a message, the keyboard is unchanged. I tried rebooting my phone (HTC Inspire 4G btw) and still no good...is there anything else I need to change in order to enable swyping??

timeatwork

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have completed all the steps and now have the Swype option checked on my phone...however when I go to text I a message, the keyboard is unchanged. I tried rebooting my phone (HTC Inspire 4G btw) and still no good...is there anything else I need to change in order to enable swyping??

Go back and open the swype installer. you probably forgot the last step. That was my problem. Check the faq onthe swype website.

somesortamindo

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I have completed all the steps and now have the Swype option checked on my phone...however when I go to text a message, the keyboard is unchanged. I tried rebooting my phone (HTC Inspire 4G btw) and still no good...is there anything else I need to change in order to enable swyping??
Long hold your finger in almost any input text field. When the little input method box opens, touch it, then choose Swype.

GSkloot

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I just went through this tutorial and everything seemed to work - swype installed, I went into settings and ensured the swype checkbox was checked and I restarted my phone. When I look at the keyboard though, it is still showing the default tap version... Swype doesn't seem to show up even though settings says that it is enabled. What am I missing?

Thanks for your help!

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I just went through this tutorial and everything seemed to work - swype installed, I went into settings and ensured the swype checkbox was checked and I restarted my phone. When I look at the keyboard though, it is still showing the default tap version... Swype doesn't seem to show up even though settings says that it is enabled. What am I missing?

Thanks for your help!

Tap and hold in your text window until the input method selection prompt appears. Select swype and that should fix it.

al0vely

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have it installed on the HTC Inspire but it isn't working. Any ideas ... keyboard acts like regular KB although swype is selected.

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
anyone have the zip of Sideload Wonder Machine for Linux & Mac. the site seems to no longer exists

You don't need to sideload Swype if you have the Gingerbread update or if you got the unknown sources update, it will install just fine without the need to sideload.

To the people having issues, follow the installer's instructions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user