Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gussy2000 View Post
    Now way to install this without rooting huh?
    No need to root. I just downloaded it from

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by CutRiteFX View Post
    No need to root. I just downloaded it from
    You're gonna have to do a little better than that. Did you actually try running it? Can you get sound AND video? Call me paranoid, but I wouldn't install some random file uploaded to some random site without KNOWING it was safe and it worked. Can you confirm this? Where did you get this apk from?

Follow up:

I had installed the apk via Android Injector and no, I could not get sound or video. I unistalled it. I still have package but, obviously, can't install it again unless I use injector (or this supposed OTA sideload update ever comes).

Even if I DO install it, my phone is not rooted and won't support the app (can't change the build.prop files). Engadget has reported that device support has been expanded but apparently not (yet) for the Inspire.

That leaves me with the choice of rooting or being patient. It seems everything these days involving AT&T and the Inspire require VAST amounts of patients. At least they refunded me my upgrade fee.

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    ROM
    GingerBeast & CM7

i made a thread on this already showing you it works with CM7.0.3 on Nightly 76+.

Also works with GingerBeast 2.1 beta.

Video of it working is on my signature.
    ANDROIDOGRAPHY
    WALLPAPERS FOR YOUR HTC INSPIRE 4G/DESIRE HD

CUSTOM ICON SET: MASHABLES
    by Homescrub

[B]I need to unroot my Inspire 4G [Thread]
    Clicking "THANKS" is the simplest and easiest way of showing appreciation.

So no one has got it to work on a NON-rooted Inspire? Netflix supposedly removed the device identification

Combined with the ability to now sideload I was able to easily install the new APK only I'm still having the same issue of the streaming player shutting down as soon as it starts. I'm having a hard time accepting that the Inspire is technologically incapable of running this app. I wish whatever roadblock is causing the issue would just get removed.

I have to agree. If there's one thing I miss from my iPhone 4/Samsung Focus, it'd have to be Netflix streaming.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Netflix on an Inspire? As if battery life wasn't crappy enough. ;^)

Seriously, I'll install it too, when it's available for unrooted. Just sayin'.

Default Re: Netflix on the Inspire 4G?

The Evo 4g app has allowed me to stream netflix from my Inspire. You can find it here:

Angry Re: Netflix on the Inspire 4G?

Quote Originally Posted by elardner View Post
    The Evo 4g app has allowed me to stream netflix from my Inspire. You can find it here:
    I tired this one for my inspire. I downloaded it, I can manage my que. But as soon as i go to stream a video, its starts, it gets to the time bar where it shows how long the video is, then goes back to the main page.
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    I tired this one for my inspire. I downloaded it, I can manage my que. But as soon as i go to stream a video, its starts, it gets to the time bar where it shows how long the video is, then goes back to the main page.
    I tried all 8 apk files and had the same results as Verdes8891. Will Netflix EVER get an official app for the rest of the HTC line?

Has anyone found any other apk files that i could try with my stock htc inspire to get netflix on it. I have it on my nexus s and works great, but cant use my nexus while i am at work. So i have my inspire. Need some entertainment when you are on a season binge of a show to get through the slow times at work.

I have tried a bunch from here and a bunch from XDA. Most of the ones from xda wont even install on my phone. And the ones from ac here, install, open let me log in but wont let me stream.
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Smile Re: Netflix on the Inspire 4G?

I downloaded it a few minutes ago from the market AND IT WORKS !!!!

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Confirmed! I just downloaded the netflix app. Its supported on the Inspire 4G from the marketplace now. Bye, bye battery life

Been using Netflix app on my Inspire for a little while now...works great! Only wish I could manage my DVD queue from there too though and not just my instant queue. Too many movies not available for streaming. *snif*

I recently just got the app and tried to play a video from there, but the video quality was kinda blurry like the screen was maximized. any ideas?

Bad idea.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12