Does anyone else think the speaker is very quiet?

redbimmer

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Maybe its just me but I feel like the speaker on the inspire is extremely quiet. I'm talking about the external speaker. I used to be able to hear every time i got a text on my iPhone and now I will see that I have missed texts/phone calls. Maybe it is the environment I am in but my phone speaker volume is all the way up, I have it in a case where the screen faces inward in the belt clip and the speaker and camera are cut out. Let me know if you guys agree.

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
There's three volumes that affect your notification sound.
There's the main ringer volume, there's the notification volume, and then there's media volume.

-Try increasing your media volume by doing the following. Pick a notification sound from the list that is longer than most. Press it, as it begins to play the sample of the sound immediately start pressing the 'Up Volume' key. You should see it adjusting the Media Volume on your screen.

-From the same screen with the list of notifications, adjusting the volume buttons while a tone is not playing will adjust the Notification Volume.

-A third factor you may be experiencing has to do with some usually well implemented HTC speaker vooddoo between the rear speaker and earpiece speaker. I dont have time right now to go in depth on this, maybe in days ahead. But for now, maybe try removing any case or skin you have from the phone, then let the phone sit face up on a non-reflective flat suraface such as a non glass table. Then test your sounds and tones again. Might make a difference.

dcdenonda

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
yea i downloaded the VOLUME CONTROL but its the same thing you can do in settings...unless someone know something different
i played with the notifications and tones it already has and i find the volume to be pretty good.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Maybe its just me but I feel like the speaker on the inspire is extremely quiet. I'm talking about the external speaker. I used to be able to hear every time i got a text on my iPhone and now I will see that I have missed texts/phone calls. Maybe it is the environment I am in but my phone speaker volume is all the way up, I have it in a case where the screen faces inward in the belt clip and the speaker and camera are cut out. Let me know if you guys agree.

I thought so too, coming from an iPhone 4 and Google Nexus One.

mdunn1066

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, its quiet. The speaker on my Nexus one was about the same volume. Not a deal breaker and you can sort of fix it by making the sound file you want to use louder with a sound editing program, seems to work strangely. For example i have a normal electronic ring i like to use and by default on max volume i couldnt hear it in the car with my radio on, after editing it, it doesnt sound quite as good but it is a lot louder and is audible now.

xchris5442x

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Same here, coming from a blackberry that you could hear upstairs with even a small BBM tone, this might be a deal breaker for me. I have no hearing issues, but even when I text myself with the phone next to me I can barely hear this phone with a number of ringtone options. I may have to see what the atrix has to offer and use my 30 day return. I also have no covers or cases on the device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21