SD card Woes?

smack77

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Inspire in the mail today and have been using it for about 5 hours. The phone has "lost" the sd card twice since then. I'll be using it and all of the sudden an error message will appear saying "can not read sd card, please dismount before ejecting" I then have to take the bottom part off and eject the card and put it back in and let the phone find it again. Anyone else run into this?

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
personally no i havent i would backup all data on the card remove it put it back in then when it shows up go into the settings then sd card and phone storage and click dismount sd card and format it. then see if that works.

Blanco720

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Inspire in the mail today and have been using it for about 5 hours. The phone has "lost" the sd card twice since then. I'll be using it and all of the sudden an error message will appear saying "can not read sd card, please dismount before ejecting" I then have to take the bottom part off and eject the card and put it back in and let the phone find it again. Anyone else run into this?

When you first get the phone, the SD card is where it should be, but it isn't fully inserted, or at least it wasn't on mine. Try pushing it all the way in until you feel the click to make sure its seated correctly.

frogstofall

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
This thing lately has plagued me to no end. Rebooting does nothing. I have to take off the case, then remove the door, remove card, then do it all in reverse.

Very very frustrating! Happens multiple times per day.

frogstofall

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you taken it back to the ATT store and told them what it's doing? Or called whomever you bought it from?

I have not, no. What sucks is that I put a Zagg Invisible Shield on this thing just before it started acting up... Guhh... There goes another $20.

I wonder if ATT will credit me $20 if I exchange it? Wishful thinking probably...

velvetelvis

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have not, no. What sucks is that I put a Zagg Invisible Shield on this thing just before it started acting up... Guhh... There goes another $20.

I wonder if ATT will credit me $20 if I exchange it? Wishful thinking probably...

i just returned mine for a new one and lost my shield also. they did not replace it.

frogstofall

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Called HTC. The rep said that I should restore the phone back to factory settings and then start over. I'll give that a try and report back.

Garz

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
My first HTC Inspire did this. Went to Atrix and came back and this still does this on occaision. If you get this error, just reboot the device and it will read it again. No need to eject the sd card