Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Weak GPS

Seems like this has been a consistent problem since Sunday when I got the phone. The GPS won't pinpoint me unless I'm in a perfectly open area outside or have the phone shoved up against the window when inside. I get the arrow with the circle most of the time. The weather widget still thinks I'm in a city 15 miles away and refuses to update even after hitting refresh multiple times.

Anyone else experience this? Any fixes if so?

I'm also having the same problem with the weather.

My GPS works great.

my gps works great. there is a solar flare that disrupted radio and gps in china and is said to work its way around the globe..biggest in years...they say it can disrupt gps as well as other things
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

After a hard reset, it seems to be better now. I hope I don't have to do that every time. That will drive me nuts. Its the little things.......
    Mr. Ro.

Global Posts
    2,238 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWizJB leak

My GPS is working fina and has been since Monday. Like loopy said, there was a CME (Coronal Mass Ejection) that might be disrupting satellites. It was a big one too.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Mine also has been working fine inside or outside.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

I've noticed inside issues.

My GPS works well and have not had a problem with weather.

Haven't tested GPS inside much though...
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Yeah, the GPS on this phone is awful inside. At least for me. Its still using triangulation. Very frustrating. Sigh... The problem for me is that I am spoiled by the iPhone 4 but I've been wanting to get away from that thing for so long now.

Moto Atrix maybe?? Hrrmmm....

If you think the Inspire's GPS is bad, borrow a Captivate for a minute or two and then see how you feel.

My Inspire's GPS works inside a 2 story building with a metal roof, so I am satisfied

GPS works great on my inspire inside or out...I wouldn't expect anything less from HTC

Sent from my Inspire 4G
    HTC Inspire 4G (Rooted/S-Off)
    ROM: AOSP 2.3.4
    Radio: Stock
    SetCPU: 1.5ghz

Nook Color
    ROM: Cyanogen Tablet Tweaks
    Kernel: Dalingrin's OC Kernel
    SetCPU: 1.2ghz

Acer Icona A500

@grasstrout

Global Posts
    13,170 Global Posts

Yeah the GPS is off. Cant check into Foursquare accurately with this phone

My GPS is working great inside and outside in Kansas. Used it about 15 times in two days with no problems.

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

GPS working amazingly here. Better than an iPhone 4 and makes me wonder if my old Captivate even had a GPS chip.

I really want to get rid of the Captivate due to the horrible GPS!! Im gonna try to get the Inspire for cheap without upgrading my contract
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Im still having problems with the weather widget thinking I'm in a city that I'm not in. Anyone else experiencing this? Got a fix? The hard rests are getting tedious.