Why did no one go crazy?

Julez6245

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
How come when the Inspire came out, no one went crazy? I mean, it's 4G! No one seems too excited. It's like "So what, a new phone and just another company getting 4G"

Correct me if I'm wrong. :p

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Ryan Roland

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
At the store I work at it's been the hottest selling phone since the Iclone 4 launch in June. Partly because we the reps are excited that it smashes on the fruit phone and its half the price.

It's really not about the 4G that makes it the best phone on at&t right now. 4G is nice though dont get me wrong.

dchandler

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
At the store I work at it's been the hottest selling phone since the Iclone 4 launch in June. Partly because we the reps are excited that it smashes on the fruit phone and its half the price.

It's really not about the 4G that makes it the best phone on at&t right now. 4G is nice though dont get me wrong.

Do you work at a COR store or authorize? And it is a nice phone but its already a old phone, that phone should of came out a year ago, it has the same specs as the nexus one but a bigger screen.

Ddust14

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
There's really nothing new about it. I think the Evo and Thunderbolt are better choices. I guess it's ok for AT&T tho.

jonhcox

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
It's faster and more efficient than the Evo thanks to the second-gen Snapdragon processor. I had the Evo and even with a custom Rom, the Inspire is noticeably quicker. Also, battery life is much faster, touchscreen response it better and I'll take DLNA over a cable HDMI hookup.

The Evo's a great phone, but the Inspire/Desire HD is better. The Thunderbolt's advantages are the kickstand and LTE. And the slightly higher battery specs.

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Do you work at a COR store or authorize? And it is a nice phone but its already a old phone, that phone should of came out a year ago, it has the same specs as the nexus one but a bigger screen.

Huh?

Different screens and different screen sizes. Inspire is 4.3 and the NO is only 3.7
Different CPU's (same speeds) Like most Android phones.

Are not most Android phones "just about the same"? Other than those with KBs?

mdunn1066

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I went into the ATT store near me as soon as they opened and they were all playing with one on the counter, i walked up and said "Give me one of those, please." Rep said they had 20 in stock and when i went in about 3 hours later because data stopped working on the phone (Just a problem with ATT's site canceling data package) She said she sold all but 2 of them, so, i guess it depends on where you are

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's the right price. It's fast. Has a nice screen. Even if it was on Verizon it would be a great phone. For att it's an absolute beast.

I bet they haven't sold any captivates since this phone came out.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Chappie

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
There's really nothing new about it. I think the Evo and Thunderbolt are better choices. I guess it's ok for AT&T tho.

Huh? The Evo uses an older processor, less ram and less onboard rom. Don't get how you can make that argument.

As for the Thunderbolt, it's the same phone with a front facing camera and a kickstand. For 150 more/450 more, I don't see how you can justify that.

Chappie

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
BTW, the Inspire is just about the best device I've ever owned.

Destroys my 3GS, feels awesome in hand,endlessly customizable, and is buttery smooth.

The idea that this is an old phone is funny, as it has yet to bottleneck at anything I do, including in browser flash.

If this phone was released on VZW and the thunderbolt didn't exist, people would be pissing themselves right now.

Last edited:

mackie99

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
BTW, the Inspire is just about the best device I've ever owned.

Destroys my 3GS, feels awesome in hand,endlessly customizable, and is buttery smooth.

The idea that this is an old phone is funny, as it has yet to bottleneck at anything I do, including in browser flash.

If this phone was released on ATT and the thunderbolt didn't exist, people would be pissing themselves right now.

+1 Could not have said it better.

jfiguraMT

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
As for the Thunderbolt, it's the same phone with a front facing camera and a kickstand. For 150 more/450 more, I don't see how you can justify that.

Look again. They might fundamentally be the same but the Thunderbolt has a newer chipset and dedicated graphics. If they were the same, AT&T wouldn't be selling them for 99 bucks.

jmonte345

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I was going to get one on launch day but I'm not due an upgrade til Apr 15 and I couldn't get AT&T to let me upgrade early. After hearing My area is being covered by Verizon's LTE network, I started thinking I might pick up a Thunderbolt instead.

guillopr73

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
May be you will have to be a real fan of HTC in order to be satisfied by this phone knowing what is coming next. There are too many awesome phones coming out this year and there is a high cost for changing your unit without contract. We want more ram, more screen, more memory, more definition, more speed, more battery, more camera, more and faster everithing on our phones and we want it now! No more baby steps no more little increments to squeze the last penny out of your pocket. So lets wait a bit for the next standard to set in.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The phone is fine, I think the reason people didn't go ape**** over it is A. The Atrix is better in many minds and B. ATT's "4g" network is horse****. Countless speed tests in different area's have shown it to be very slow. People will buy the Atrix and the inspire because they are good phones, I really don't think "4g" will be a selling point for ATT until they move to LTE.