Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    cm7 atm

Default Why did no one go crazy?

How come when the Inspire came out, no one went crazy? I mean, it's 4G! No one seems too excited. It's like "So what, a new phone and just another company getting 4G"

Correct me if I'm wrong. :P

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    "Um, if by "read" you mean imagined a naked lady, then, yes."

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts

because its a rebranded Desire HD

ROM
    CM7

At the store I work at it's been the hottest selling phone since the Iclone 4 launch in June. Partly because we the reps are excited that it smashes on the fruit phone and its half the price.

It's really not about the 4G that makes it the best phone on at&t right now. 4G is nice though dont get me wrong.
    HTC Inspire 4G CM7

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Roland View Post
    At the store I work at it's been the hottest selling phone since the Iclone 4 launch in June. Partly because we the reps are excited that it smashes on the fruit phone and its half the price.

It's really not about the 4G that makes it the best phone on at&t right now. 4G is nice though dont get me wrong.
    Do you work at a COR store or authorize? And it is a nice phone but its already a old phone, that phone should of came out a year ago, it has the same specs as the nexus one but a bigger screen.
    check me out on twitter http://twitter.com/dchandler326

Add me on Gtalk dchandler326@gmail.com

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

There's really nothing new about it. I think the Evo and Thunderbolt are better choices. I guess it's ok for AT&T tho.

It's faster and more efficient than the Evo thanks to the second-gen Snapdragon processor. I had the Evo and even with a custom Rom, the Inspire is noticeably quicker. Also, battery life is much faster, touchscreen response it better and I'll take DLNA over a cable HDMI hookup.

The Evo's a great phone, but the Inspire/Desire HD is better. The Thunderbolt's advantages are the kickstand and LTE. And the slightly higher battery specs.

Quote Originally Posted by dchandler View Post
    Do you work at a COR store or authorize? And it is a nice phone but its already a old phone, that phone should of came out a year ago, it has the same specs as the nexus one but a bigger screen.
    Huh?

Different screens and different screen sizes. Inspire is 4.3 and the NO is only 3.7
    Different CPU's (same speeds) Like most Android phones.

Are not most Android phones "just about the same"? Other than those with KBs?

i was excited, got mine on opening day
    HTC Inspire 4G (Rooted/S-Off)
    ROM: AOSP 2.3.4
    Radio: Stock
    SetCPU: 1.5ghz

Nook Color
    ROM: Cyanogen Tablet Tweaks
    Kernel: Dalingrin's OC Kernel
    SetCPU: 1.2ghz

Acer Icona A500

@grasstrout

Quote Originally Posted by netposer View Post
    Huh?

Different screens and different screen sizes. Inspire is 4.3 and the NO is only 3.7
    Different CPU's (same speeds) Like most Android phones.

Are not most Android phones "just about the same"? Other than those with KBs?
    Don't forget the 768mb ram

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, for now

I went into the ATT store near me as soon as they opened and they were all playing with one on the counter, i walked up and said "Give me one of those, please." Rep said they had 20 in stock and when i went in about 3 hours later because data stopped working on the phone (Just a problem with ATT's site canceling data package) She said she sold all but 2 of them, so, i guess it depends on where you are
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It's the right price. It's fast. Has a nice screen. Even if it was on Verizon it would be a great phone. For att it's an absolute beast.

I bet they haven't sold any captivates since this phone came out.

Sent from my myTouch 4G
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Mr. Ro.

Global Posts
    2,238 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWizJB leak

The rep I bought mine from said there were a lot of people inquiring about them a couple of days before they went on sale.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

the atrix is why.... I have an inspire. Was gonna go atrix but glad i didnt

Quote Originally Posted by Ddust14 View Post
    There's really nothing new about it. I think the Evo and Thunderbolt are better choices. I guess it's ok for AT&T tho.
    Huh? The Evo uses an older processor, less ram and less onboard rom. Don't get how you can make that argument.

As for the Thunderbolt, it's the same phone with a front facing camera and a kickstand. For 150 more/450 more, I don't see how you can justify that.

BTW, the Inspire is just about the best device I've ever owned.

Destroys my 3GS, feels awesome in hand,endlessly customizable, and is buttery smooth.

The idea that this is an old phone is funny, as it has yet to bottleneck at anything I do, including in browser flash.

If this phone was released on VZW and the thunderbolt didn't exist, people would be pissing themselves right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chappie View Post
    BTW, the Inspire is just about the best device I've ever owned.

Destroys my 3GS, feels awesome in hand,endlessly customizable, and is buttery smooth.

The idea that this is an old phone is funny, as it has yet to bottleneck at anything I do, including in browser flash.

If this phone was released on ATT and the thunderbolt didn't exist, people would be pissing themselves right now.
    +1 Could not have said it better.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chappie View Post

As for the Thunderbolt, it's the same phone with a front facing camera and a kickstand. For 150 more/450 more, I don't see how you can justify that.
    Look again. They might fundamentally be the same but the Thunderbolt has a newer chipset and dedicated graphics. If they were the same, AT&T wouldn't be selling them for 99 bucks.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    ROM

I was going to get one on launch day but I'm not due an upgrade til Apr 15 and I couldn't get AT&T to let me upgrade early. After hearing My area is being covered by Verizon's LTE network, I started thinking I might pick up a Thunderbolt instead.

May be you will have to be a real fan of HTC in order to be satisfied by this phone knowing what is coming next. There are too many awesome phones coming out this year and there is a high cost for changing your unit without contract. We want more ram, more screen, more memory, more definition, more speed, more battery, more camera, more and faster everithing on our phones and we want it now! No more baby steps no more little increments to squeze the last penny out of your pocket. So lets wait a bit for the next standard to set in.
    Neutronbomb

Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.1 stock

The phone is fine, I think the reason people didn't go ape**** over it is A. The Atrix is better in many minds and B. ATT's "4g" network is horse****. Countless speed tests in different area's have shown it to be very slow. People will buy the Atrix and the inspire because they are good phones, I really don't think "4g" will be a selling point for ATT until they move to LTE.

While you're waiting for one of those awesome new phones to come out, I'll be taking full advantage of my new Inspire. Sure it will be obsolete in 6 months, or sooner, but the shelf life on that other phone your waiting for is exactly the same, just sayin. I love this phone, its a million times better than the captivate. HTC makes, as well as supports, great phones. Sense UI is beautiful and it works! Build quality is top notch, the phone is absolutely gorgeous! Don't care about a front facing camera. Sure I'd use it to take goofy pics of myself, for a few days. Camera and video quality are superb. Also, HTC has customization on lock! The only things I could complain about: the led flash causes a yellow hue, so I don't use it; the Inspire only comes with 4gb on board memory, but they throw in an 8gb SD card. So, I guess I'm not really complaining about anything!

Quote Originally Posted by jfigura View Post
    Look again. They might fundamentally be the same but the Thunderbolt has a newer chipset and dedicated graphics. If they were the same, AT&T wouldn't be selling them for 99 bucks.
    It runs the MDM9600, which is the same as the Inspires MSM8255, but offers multiple radios, including Verizons LTE. That is the only difference. They both run the Adreno 205 gpu's, and they are both 45nm 1ghz processors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymil View Post
    The phone is fine, I think the reason people didn't go ape**** over it is A. The Atrix is better in many minds and B. ATT's "4g" network is horse****. Countless speed tests in different area's have shown it to be very slow. People will buy the Atrix and the inspire because they are good phones, I really don't think "4g" will be a selling point for ATT until they move to LTE.

The HSPA+ network wont be officially up until March 1st, that is why speeds are crap.
    = I C E D R E E =

Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 - Stock 4.0.4

I think that the reason that people didn't go crazy on it is because the Atrix (& the huge hype made because of it many 1st in the world & the docks) on At&t & the delays of the ThunderBolt on Verzion
    Plus the Atrix came like a week after it !
    Just like the Galaxy S when it came out , 2 days later the Droid X cameout , 3 days later the iPhone 4 cameout

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by anthonok View Post
    the atrix is why.... I have an inspire. Was gonna go atrix but glad i didnt
    So far i love my inspire, but im pickin up the atrix also to compare for a couple of days. the inspires battery life is not to be desired really, and the atrix has that 1930 mah (i think) beast inside it.......thats what im looking for! i just dont know bout the motoblur though.
    life is good
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast