Battery life?

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have been looking into the Inspire to get as my work phone in replace of my fallen captivate. I did notice that the phone has a 1230mAH battery. My evo had a 1500mAH battrry and was poor with it. How has everyone faired thus far with it?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Reactions: velvetelvis

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Me personally, not too good!

I'm going to try turning off ALL widgets, and ONLY sync GMail (Calendar, Contacts & Mail), and see what gives...

iancull

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
A test last night my battery dropped below 50% from full charge, while I was asleep - so that's pure idle time!
Yes the phone has sync running and I've installed a few Apps, but coming from iPhone I should not have to figure for myself why battery life is terrible ...

gewbert

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what you did to your phone, but I charged mine up last night and left it off and it was still fully charged pretty much this morning. Try an app killer?

Laceeey

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
yesterday was my first full day with it, I took it off the charger around 8am and made it til 9pm or so before I got the warning of 15% left, and it was quick to go after that lol.. I plugged it in, got to around 50% and took it off so I could do something with it, fell asleep with it and it was dead by this morning.. lol I didn't expect it to die overnight with no usage by me, but I can deal with it.

iancull

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Where's my battery power going?

So I installed and ran System Panel and configured it to monitor usage; I then left in untouched for two hours.
In that time, battery dropped by about 20%, usage hovered between 1% and 3%; yet looking at the Apps there's nothing that did very much - Gmail at 0.2% was the highest, below "system" at 0.3% and "System Processes" at 0.5%.
(see attached)

I would not expect to lose 10% per hour in that situation, so what is going on, does anyone have any ideas?

mdunn1066

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Disable auto sync on on a lot of stuff you dont need the phone to constantly sync, like adding contacts or whatever. I have mine setup to sync twitter, facebook and e-mail, and the battery seems to last me a lot longer now

Edit: HTC has a Sync All Widget you can add to a screen for when you add a new contact or want to sync everything as well

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
This is what i was fearing with it. My question is how are they going to make an extended battery for the phone with the way the battery door is? They would have to make a battery case or something like they have for the iphone.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

reednatron

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Here is a quick suggestion to help you guys with your battery woes:

Why not just buy a cheap external battery backup that charges your phone on the go, just plug it up and you will have a fresh battery in no time? That way, you can use the phone as it was meant to be used (like a real smartphone) and not worry about gimping it by turning sync off, not using widgets and so on.

These little chargers are only like 30-40 bucks, which is a better alternative to an extended battery to me anyway.

brdl04

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
For those having battery problems, you should check if there is a larger HTC battery that will fit in the Inspire... I remember when I had the Eris, people found that some older HTC phones with bigger batteries fit. Its worth some research...

grasstrout

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Here is a quick suggestion to help you guys with your battery woes:

Why not just buy a cheap external battery backup that charges your phone on the go, just plug it up and you will have a fresh battery in no time? That way, you can use the phone as it was meant to be used (like a real smartphone) and not worry about gimping it by turning sync off, not using widgets and so on.

These little chargers are only like 30-40 bucks, which is a better alternative to an extended battery to me anyway.

They do work great, good suggestion

draggindakota

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting great battery life, but I'm not a heavy user either. Went over a day and a half over the weekend on a charge. That included some web surfing, texting (with and without voice to text), google maps, using the camera for half a dozen pics and a couple short videos.

I do have my screen set to a low brightness with auto turned off and a 15sec backlight (personal preference, not to save battery). And I turn mobile data/wifi on and off as needed as I'm still getting a feel for how much data this thing uses an don't want to go over my 200mb limit.

elrol

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro