Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery life?

I have been looking into the Inspire to get as my work phone in replace of my fallen captivate. I did notice that the phone has a 1230mAH battery. My evo had a 1500mAH battrry and was poor with it. How has everyone faired thus far with it?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!
    Thanked by:
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,870 Global Posts

Me personally, not too good!

I'm going to try turning off ALL widgets, and ONLY sync GMail (Calendar, Contacts & Mail), and see what gives...

A test last night my battery dropped below 50% from full charge, while I was asleep - so that's pure idle time!
    Yes the phone has sync running and I've installed a few Apps, but coming from iPhone I should not have to figure for myself why battery life is terrible ...

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I don't know what you did to your phone, but I charged mine up last night and left it off and it was still fully charged pretty much this morning. Try an app killer?

I see so much advice saying "never use an app killer"
    Mr. Ro.

Global Posts
    2,238 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWizJB leak

App killers aren't necessary. Battery life could be better but it's enough for me.

i can go a full day on a charge...which is all I expect...but I usually try to give it a boost if I'm near a plug
    HTC Inspire 4G (Rooted/S-Off)
    ROM: AOSP 2.3.4
    Radio: Stock
    SetCPU: 1.5ghz

Nook Color
    ROM: Cyanogen Tablet Tweaks
    Kernel: Dalingrin's OC Kernel
    SetCPU: 1.2ghz

Acer Icona A500

@grasstrout

Seidio has an aftermarket battery that is 1300mAH, it's a lil bit better!

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

yesterday was my first full day with it, I took it off the charger around 8am and made it til 9pm or so before I got the warning of 15% left, and it was quick to go after that lol.. I plugged it in, got to around 50% and took it off so I could do something with it, fell asleep with it and it was dead by this morning.. lol I didn't expect it to die overnight with no usage by me, but I can deal with it.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

i disabled gps....

Settings>Location>Use GPS Satellites

This seems to have made my battery life much better...

Default Where's my battery power going?

So I installed and ran System Panel and configured it to monitor usage; I then left in untouched for two hours.
    In that time, battery dropped by about 20%, usage hovered between 1% and 3%; yet looking at the Apps there's nothing that did very much - Gmail at 0.2% was the highest, below "system" at 0.3% and "System Processes" at 0.5%.
    (see attached)

I would not expect to lose 10% per hour in that situation, so what is going on, does anyone have any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life?-screen-shot-2011-02-21-1.52.08-pm.jpg  

Battery life for me is terrible.... Really busting my balls

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, for now

Disable auto sync on on a lot of stuff you dont need the phone to constantly sync, like adding contacts or whatever. I have mine setup to sync twitter, facebook and e-mail, and the battery seems to last me a lot longer now

Edit: HTC has a Sync All Widget you can add to a screen for when you add a new contact or want to sync everything as well
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

This is what i was fearing with it. My question is how are they going to make an extended battery for the phone with the way the battery door is? They would have to make a battery case or something like they have for the iphone.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

Here is a quick suggestion to help you guys with your battery woes:

Why not just buy a cheap external battery backup that charges your phone on the go, just plug it up and you will have a fresh battery in no time? That way, you can use the phone as it was meant to be used (like a real smartphone) and not worry about gimping it by turning sync off, not using widgets and so on.

These little chargers are only like 30-40 bucks, which is a better alternative to an extended battery to me anyway.

Global Posts
    796 Global Posts

For those having battery problems, you should check if there is a larger HTC battery that will fit in the Inspire... I remember when I had the Eris, people found that some older HTC phones with bigger batteries fit. Its worth some research...

Quote Originally Posted by reednatron View Post
    Here is a quick suggestion to help you guys with your battery woes:

Why not just buy a cheap external battery backup that charges your phone on the go, just plug it up and you will have a fresh battery in no time? That way, you can use the phone as it was meant to be used (like a real smartphone) and not worry about gimping it by turning sync off, not using widgets and so on.

These little chargers are only like 30-40 bucks, which is a better alternative to an extended battery to me anyway.
    They do work great, good suggestion
    HTC Inspire 4G (Rooted/S-Off)
    ROM: AOSP 2.3.4
    Radio: Stock
    SetCPU: 1.5ghz

Nook Color
    ROM: Cyanogen Tablet Tweaks
    Kernel: Dalingrin's OC Kernel
    SetCPU: 1.2ghz

Acer Icona A500

@grasstrout

I'm getting great battery life, but I'm not a heavy user either. Went over a day and a half over the weekend on a charge. That included some web surfing, texting (with and without voice to text), google maps, using the camera for half a dozen pics and a couple short videos.

I do have my screen set to a low brightness with auto turned off and a 15sec backlight (personal preference, not to save battery). And I turn mobile data/wifi on and off as needed as I'm still getting a feel for how much data this thing uses an don't want to go over my 200mb limit.

Quote Originally Posted by grasstrout View Post
    They do work great, good suggestion
    If they do work good, what battery are u using and how big is it. I can't live with this battery life and I don't really like motoblur but the atrix has a profoundly bigger battery.

I came across this on Amazon just now while searching for cases.

Amazon.com: BRAND NEW 1550MAH 1550 MAH BACKUP SPARE REPLACE REPLACEMENT BATTERY FOR HTC DESIRE HD A9191: Cell Phones & Accessories

and for 2

Amazon.com: BRAND NEW 2X PACK PACKAGE BACKUP SPARE BATTERY REPLACE REPLACEMENT FOR HTC DESIRE HD: Cell Phones & Accessories

Not sure if these are any good.. but you cant really beat the price.. seems kinda scary that a battery or batteries would be that inexpensive.

read the one review on both of those. do not buy. if you get a good battery it will cost you more than 9.99.

that being said, is it possible to make a bigger battery for this phone?
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,870 Global Posts

Today, I've been running the Sense, but, I've had no widgets running, just icons...

Thus far, my stats read: 16hrs 35 mins and 58% left...
    Up time: 17:57:03
    Awake time: 03:41:05

Now, having said that, I also installed Advanced Task Killer. Not sure how much of an affect that is having...
    Thanked by:

Will a Desire battery fit in an Inspire?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Please do not use task killers on Froyo. It will cause some issues with the app fighting the operating system.

@naviculture that battery life is awesome and is what I would expect out of this phone. I have the myTouch 4G which is (basically) the same phone with a smaller screen. Same chipset inside and everything. I get great battery life, and I had an EVO before that (it was pretty bad).

My question for everyone having concerns about battery life is: what's your usage like? Are you browsing the web a lot, texting, making phone calls?

If I'm using my phone lightly I can make it two days on a charge. If I'm using it heavily (web browsing, gtalk, texting, tapatalk, etc) then I'm charging mid-day. The screen is the biggest battery hog, then the modem. So if you're doing a lot battery life will suffer. And if you're a heavy talker then even more so.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by:
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,870 Global Posts

@iamlilysdad - today I'm going to use it with the Sense UI, and I've turned on auto syncing for GMail, Twitter and Facebook.

I typically use email, text, Twitter, Facebook and browsing the web. Let's see how it does today...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast