Inspire as a DLNA player

zwaaa

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been playing with the DLNA functionality of the Inspire. It is very neat. Shoot a 720P video, and play it using XBMC or a DLNA tv set - with a built in control surface. Show pictures on the big screen with no need to mess with a server. This is simply cool.

However...I have a upnp DLNA media server in my basement with all my family videos saved on it. Is there a way to have the Inspire act as a DLNA media renderer/player allowing you to stream videos stored on a lan server to your phone? Or can you mount samba shares to do the same thing?

I found a project on google code to do this with music, but I could not tell if it supported video. My dlna server is mediatomb and it supports transcoding.

Last edited:

zwaaa

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Answering my own question. The native video player will show all DLNA servers on your lan, but I have yet to try to play a video. How cool is that!!

Last edited:

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Answering my own question. The native video player will show all DLNA servers on your lan, but I have yet to try to play a video. How cool is that!!

That's awesome! You should try to play a video and report back so we all know how well it works. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12