AT&T and Visual Voice Mail

bsfraser

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey Everyone, I jsut put down my BB Bold and got switched to the Isnpire. I'm new to the Adroid system, and love it so far other than the Visual Voice mail deal.

I tried doing the Google VM and when i entered the code into my Inspire I got the MMI error code issue. I tried to call AT&T and get them to set up conditional call forwarding, but the tech couldn't do it. I HATE regular voice mail and need to get visual back, but i also need my phone to ring.

Can anyone help with this or should I call and try another tech at AT&T?

_berver

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you. I don't like regular voicemail either but Google voice works great for me so far. Is this a common problem? Why would some have it and not others with the same device and same carrier?

BigTex

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey Everyone, I jsut put down my BB Bold and got switched to the Isnpire. I'm new to the Adroid system, and love it so far other than the Visual Voice mail deal.

I tried doing the Google VM and when i entered the code into my Inspire I got the MMI error code issue. I tried to call AT&T and get them to set up conditional call forwarding, but the tech couldn't do it. I HATE regular voice mail and need to get visual back, but i also need my phone to ring.

Can anyone help with this or should I call and try another tech at AT&T?

Try it again following the instructions from the Google Voice setup page Worked fine for me.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
menu>settings>call>voicemail service>google voice
and it will guide you from there. only takes a minute or two to connect to server

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried Google voice and it seemed to work fine, until I decided to check what the callers' experience is. When I called and it went to voicemail, there was literally a 10 second gap between the time it stopped ringing and the greeting came on. Seriously, count to 10 and tell me you would be waiting that long for the greeting and not just hanging up. If you have GV and haven't tested it in this way, I suggest you do.

Silas0220

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Youmail for awhile now, on the recommendation of some people on this forum. It works flawlessly for me so far and the setup process was painless.

Four-Fifty-X

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I have tried GV, Youmail and Phonefusion.

GV is okay, but the quality of playback via the Android app is horrible, and you and you cannot forward the voicemail as an email or text from the device app.

Youmail is good, but the ads are too intrusive.

Phonefusion is where I ended up. Playback is good. You can forward voicemails, and the ads are minimal.

It also has GREAT widgets.

PS Phonefusion is free.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.phonefusion.voicemailplus.and&feature=search_result

enigmaos

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
GV is okay, but the quality of playback via the Android app is horrible, and you and you cannot forward the voicemail as an email or text from the device app.
Yeah, I experienced the same with gv's playback quality. That's why I switched back to at&t vm. May try phonefusion. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084