1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rooted my Inspire

And HOT DAMN does the internet blaze on it now. 4711 kbps down and 1317 up.

Success.

Now that I've rooted it though, how do I do about removing the AT&T bloatware? (First time doing this)

And does anyone know how to link the results from the Speedtest app to a forum?
    Last edited by MissingBonobo; 02-24-2011 at 02:18 AM.

Use titanium backup to remove bloat very easy.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

yay for you! I can't figure it out.. lol hope you get the excess crap off easily

Smile

I just got my phone yesterday in the mail and HOLY HELL AT&T apps all over the place. I would loooove to get rid of all them.

Wish someone would write up a nice guide for rooting the inspire. < Hint Hint >

There's a howto guide that seems to be offputting to those uncomfortable with the command line. find it

There is a gui based rooter coming soon, but you'll still need to make a goldcard.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnyman View Post
    There's a howto guide that seems to be offputting to those uncomfortable with the command line. find it

There is a gui based rooter coming soon, but you'll still need to make a goldcard.
    DOH, thank you.

I am new to Android. I just moved from my BlackBerry Bold 9700 to a brand new HTC Inspire 4G.
    I have been doing some reading and decided I wanted to begin my Android experience with a clean, high performance phone. I bought my Red Inspire on an upgrade from AT&T and sent it to the HTCStore for an upgrade.

My Inspire has been rooted and I have a clean, bloatware free install of Gingerbread 3.3.2...... and am ready to learn all I can about the Android operating system. My BlackBerry was pretty clunky compared to this new Inspire. I would appreciate any tips and tricks for a new member. I can load anything I want and will be looking for killer apps.
    Thanks,
    Tom

I just ran Speed Test and got these results.
    5516 Download
    1473 Upload
    24ms Ping

Tom