Loose camera lens

ajholt7

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone else verify that theirs does not seem a little loose? It doesn't seem like it is going to fall off but it definitely rattles around.

manso1102

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
When I open the camera app it looks like I have some sort of sepia setting, when I push the camera lens in it goes to normal... have to take it in to be fixed.

-EVO-

dzervit

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My first Inspire was flawless. I had to return it to Radio Shack since they wouldn't price match AT&T's $399 price. Went to AT&T and bought another. That one suffers from a "loose" lens cover. It doesn't impact camera performance, but it is annoying. After getting so annoying with restoring all my crap to the "new" Inspire I decided not to exchange it and go through it again. I'm going to dab a tiny bead of super glue around a couple spots so it doesn't make that clicking noise. No biggie, it's not going to fall off or anything.

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I would put super glue on it. It could seep in and mess with somethign inside or seep into the lense. Just my .02 .It's your phone.

dzervit

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I would put super glue on it. It could seep in and mess with somethign inside or seep into the lense. Just my .02 .It's your phone.
I'm talking super tiny dabs from the head of a fine pin. Just enough to stop a rattle, not a glob that could seep in. Looking at the cover, it would take a huge blob of glue to get up and under the cover.

After disassembling enough smartphones, I'm pretty darn confident there is nothing right under that back cover that could be damaged.

Besides, no guts, no glory.

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm talking super tiny dabs from the head of a fine pin. Just enough to stop a rattle, not a glob that could seep in. Looking at the cover, it would take a huge blob of glue to get up and under the cover.

After disassembling enough smartphones, I'm pretty darn confident there is nothing right under that back cover that could be damaged.

Besides, no guts, no glory.

Fair enough. You're way more gutsy than I am plus I drink too much coffee and get too nervous with stuff like that to be able to put a pin head dab on it. :p Good luck.

Vegaspilot

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
When super glue is used on clear pieces...either plastic or glass, when it dries it tends to leave a cloudy, milky looking film on it. This is on of the main reason using super glue on a model is a big no no. You can damged the clear parts.

URPREY

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I had to return my Inspire because of the same issue. It was driving me insane. It rattled while I was on the phone. It rattled in the car holder.

The manager at the AT&T store wasn't going to swap it at first because he said it could have been dropped. It was still perfect.

Here's a video I did of the rattle. So. Annoying. Glad they swapped it.

YouTube - HTC Inspire 4G: My loose camera lens

Reactions: casiouser

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463