Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Loose camera lens

Does anyone else have a camera lens that seems loose?

ROM
    RCMixHD 4.1 Gingerbread

Not at all
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Guess I need to go trade this one back in.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Can anyone else verify that theirs does not seem a little loose? It doesn't seem like it is going to fall off but it definitely rattles around.
    Mr. Ro.

Global Posts
    2,238 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWizJB leak

Mine doesn't.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock rooted 4.0.4

I would take that one back in if I were you. No looseness with my lens whatsoever.

Mine's fine but I hate that it protrudes. Looks like it can be knocked loose.
    Mr. Ro.

Global Posts
    2,238 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWizJB leak

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnyman View Post
    Mine's fine but I hate that it protrudes. Looks like it can be knocked loose.
    The case I bought takes care of that protrusion. Doesn't add much bulk to the phone either.

I have an otterbox on order, which case do you have?

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

mine will move if pushed gently ...but I shook it, no rattling or movement.

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vaelpak 3.2/Net 4.3.4

When I open the camera app it looks like I have some sort of sepia setting, when I push the camera lens in it goes to normal... have to take it in to be fixed.

-EVO-
    Mr. Ro.

Global Posts
    2,238 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWizJB leak

Seidio Innocase II w/ holster. If you're interested in a Seidio case in general, I posted coupon codes in the accessories section that could save you some cash.

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

My first Inspire was flawless. I had to return it to Radio Shack since they wouldn't price match AT&T's $399 price. Went to AT&T and bought another. That one suffers from a "loose" lens cover. It doesn't impact camera performance, but it is annoying. After getting so annoying with restoring all my crap to the "new" Inspire I decided not to exchange it and go through it again. I'm going to dab a tiny bead of super glue around a couple spots so it doesn't make that clicking noise. No biggie, it's not going to fall off or anything.
    Mr. Ro.

Global Posts
    2,238 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWizJB leak

I'm not sure I would put super glue on it. It could seep in and mess with somethign inside or seep into the lense. Just my .02 .It's your phone.

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrro82 View Post
    I'm not sure I would put super glue on it. It could seep in and mess with somethign inside or seep into the lense. Just my .02 .It's your phone.
    I'm talking super tiny dabs from the head of a fine pin. Just enough to stop a rattle, not a glob that could seep in. Looking at the cover, it would take a huge blob of glue to get up and under the cover.

After disassembling enough smartphones, I'm pretty darn confident there is nothing right under that back cover that could be damaged.

Besides, no guts, no glory.
    Mr. Ro.

Global Posts
    2,238 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWizJB leak

Quote Originally Posted by dzervit View Post
    I'm talking super tiny dabs from the head of a fine pin. Just enough to stop a rattle, not a glob that could seep in. Looking at the cover, it would take a huge blob of glue to get up and under the cover.

After disassembling enough smartphones, I'm pretty darn confident there is nothing right under that back cover that could be damaged.

Besides, no guts, no glory.
    Fair enough. You're way more gutsy than I am plus I drink too much coffee and get too nervous with stuff like that to be able to put a pin head dab on it. Good luck.

Only thing I would worry about with super glue, besides what was mentioned, is that it tends to cloud over clear pieces.

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vegaspilot View Post
    ...it tends to cloud over clear pieces.
    Huh?

When super glue is used on clear pieces...either plastic or glass, when it dries it tends to leave a cloudy, milky looking film on it. This is on of the main reason using super glue on a model is a big no no. You can damged the clear parts.

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    ROM
    rooted

I had to return my Inspire because of the same issue. It was driving me insane. It rattled while I was on the phone. It rattled in the car holder.

The manager at the AT&T store wasn't going to swap it at first because he said it could have been dropped. It was still perfect.

Here's a video I did of the rattle. So. Annoying. Glad they swapped it.

Nexus 7 LTE on Verizon..:..rooted CM10
    Nexus 5 on T-Mobile..:..rooted

BillStebbins.com
    Thanked by:

I bought my first Inspire the day it was released - lens cover was not loose, and is still not loose. A coworker bought two - his were fine. I bought my brother one this morning, as a birthday present. He opened it and asked me if mine was built so shoddily. I checked it out, and saw he was talking about the Inspire having a loose lens cover. Took it back, AT&T replaced it with a new one. The new one didn't have a loose lens cover.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

I had the same issue with my Inspire from the day I bought it. I took it back two weeks after I bought it, and it was replaced with no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by URPREY View Post
    I had to return my Inspire because of the same issue. It was driving me insane. It rattled while I was on the phone. It rattled in the car holder.

The manager at the AT&T store wasn't going to swap it at first because he said it could have been dropped. It was still perfect.

Here's a video I did of the rattle. So. Annoying. Glad they swapped it.

Yea. I've had mine for 41 days and is still in mint condition and they want to claim its physical damage.

Its ridiculous!!!

Anyone else have issues swapping it?

I have an EVO I bought the first day they arrived. The camera lens just started rattling 6-4-11. It is the camera lens itself not the outer red ring and plastic viewpiece. Don't know what to do now.

Seidio Active case
    I like being angry. It makes me happy.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast