Thinking of returning Atrix for Inspire

EvoXOhio

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
The Atrix looks good on paper, but in reality I am not happy with it. There's lots of lag, the keyboard sucks in landscape mode (keys are way too narrow), text is small, the touch responsiveness of the screen sucks, and the constant haptic feedback that you cannot turn off.

However, I am hesitant against the Inspire for a couple reasons. Once is the super small battery. The second is the fact that this will become my wife's phone once the Galaxy S 2 comes out (which I will get for myself and give my wife the Inspire). My concern is that the Inspire would be too big for her. I don't think she would like the Atrix because the keyboard keys are too small and the text is way too tiny.

Thoughts?

dtc100

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The Atrix looks good on paper, but in reality I am not happy with it. There's lots of lag, the keyboard sucks in landscape mode (keys are way too narrow), text is small, the touch responsiveness of the screen sucks, and the constant haptic feedback that you cannot turn off.

However, I am hesitant against the Inspire for a couple reasons. Once is the super small battery. The second is the fact that this will become my wife's phone once the Galaxy S 2 comes out (which I will get for myself and give my wife the Inspire). My concern is that the Inspire would be too big for her. I don't think she would like the Atrix because the keyboard keys are too small and the text is way too tiny.

Thoughts?

Same here other than the wife part, she has the iPhone 4, doesn't give Android phones a chance.

I exchanged the Inspire for the Atrix for the better battery life and the Webtop applications. I really miss the user friendly HTC interface, Inspire's nice touch screen and camera too.

Reactions: iancull

InspireMe

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Let me just say this; I bought the Inspire with every intention of trading it in for the Atrix. I will no longer be doing that. The appeal of the nVidia CPU in the Atrix was extremely appealing, as was that 1GB of RAM. I had concerns that the Snapdragon processor in the Inspire was going to feel a little sluggish (sort of like the EVO) at times. That has not happened. In fact, this is the snappiest Android phone I've had or played with (owned Captivate and Dell Streak, Droid X and OG Droid).
The build quality on the Inspire is truly top notch, and the phone feels fantastic in your hands. I sold my Dell Streak because 5 inches was just a little too ridiculous for a pocket phone, but the Captivate and Focus (which I most recently had) felt a little too small. The 4.3 inch screen of the Inspire feels perfect, and after a while you or your wife will not even notice how big it is.
The Atrix, while appealing, has had reports of lag and inferior build quality. I read that the CPU wont take advantage of both processors unless in Dock Mode and the same goes for the 1GB of RAM (I'm probably wrong on this so be gentle). Regardless a phone with those specs shouldn't lag at all, but that's not whats been reported. The final reason I chose to stay with the Inspire is because I'm just not going to use the overpriced accessories that would put the Atrix abilities to full use.

InspireMe

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Inpire

Let me just say this; I bought the Inspire with every intention of trading it in for the Atrix. I will no longer be doing that. The appeal of the nVidia CPU in the Atrix was extremely appealing, as was that 1GB of RAM. I had concerns that the Snapdragon processor in the Inspire was going to feel a little sluggish (sort of like the EVO) at times. That has not happened. In fact, this is the snappiest Android phone I've had or played with (owned Captivate and Dell Streak, Droid X and OG Droid).
The build quality on the Inspire is truly top notch, and the phone feels fantastic in your hands. I sold my Dell Streak because 5 inches was just a little too ridiculous for a pocket phone, but the Captivate and Focus (which I most recently had) felt a little too small. The 4.3 inch screen of the Inspire feels perfect, and after a while you or your wife will not even notice how big it is.
The Atrix, while appealing, has had reports of lag and inferior build quality. I read that the CPU wont take advantage of both processors unless in Dock Mode and the same goes for the 1GB of RAM (I'm probably wrong on this so be gentle). Regardless a phone with those specs shouldn't lag at all, but that's not whats been reported. The final reason I chose to stay with the Inspire is because I'm just not going to use the overpriced accessories that would put the Atrix abilities to full use.

EvoXOhio

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Same here other than the wife part, she has the iPhone 4, doesn't give Android phones a chance.

I exchanged the Inspire for the Atrix for the better battery life and the Webtop applications. I really miss the user friendly HTC interface, Inspire's nice touch screen and camera too.

So are you happy you switched to the Atrix, or do you like the Inspire better?

Shempster

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

Thoughts?

While I had the Inspire, every girl that played with it thought it was too big. Some said "its huge" before they even held it.......... I've heard this before though :)

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site

Thoughts?

I had issues with the Atrix too when typing in landscape and to be honest since I started using an Otterbox Commuter case I don't have issues with it anymore. I hated typing in landscape cause I would always just miss the space bar and now I have no issues with it.
Having the Inspire I also found it a lil to big to type in landscape and by no means do I have small hands.

TripperGetem

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
If i was you I would switch the Atrix for the Inspire. I waited until the Atrix came out to even buy the Inspire so I could make a good decision on which phone to get and I even experienced lag in BOTH of the demo models at AT&T. The keyboard was very off to me and the lockscreen was laggy as well. Ive experienced NO lag at all on the Inspire and I thought the battery life would be bad but honestly its not all that bad. I can make it through a full day. I use my phone a good bit each day too so its not just moderate use. Plus MotoBlur is sickening. I think you would be much happier in the end with the Inspire than the Atrix.

Joelpatrick

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I swapped from Atrix to Inspire after 3 days of use because I couldn't take the Atrix lag anymore and it felt cheap(I preordered, site unseen). Loving the Inspire. Only thing the Atrix had better to me was the loudness of the speakers and possibly battery life(didn't really test battery life that much in 3 days). I'm very happy with my choice. Love HTC sense and the feel of the phone.

I've also been playing with the battery life by following a few threads. I'm currently letting it die completely everyday and then charge it with power off at night. They say you only need to do it for the first 3 days. Today is my 3rd day to do this. Today I went 12 hours until dead with fairly heavy use. I didn't charge it at all. I don't think the battery is as bad as people say. Some people are reporting even better. I'll be charging it during normal use after today.

As far as size. I love it and don't think it's as big of a phone as I once thought when I first saw a 4.3 screen.

EvoXOhio

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I returned the atrix and got the inspire and all I can say is wow! The inspire is faster, has a better keyboard, no lag, better icons, and sense is so much better than blur.

It's hard to believe that the inspire has half the processing power and less RAM because it feels so much better than the atrix. So far I am loving the inspire.

AL_M

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Ditto to loving the Inspire. Keep trying to find some reason to get the Atrix, Even went to the store and worked with it for a while and walked out with my Inspire in hand. For $99 it is a great phone. Someday I may miss the front facing camera, like when my girlfriend gets her iphone4 and wants to try some sort of video chat. But that has been a novelty at best with apps like Tango, Fring etc. Sense 2.0 is pretty slick and yes the phone is much faster than the Evo I am switching from. I am giving up Sprint due to poor coverage inside the building I work in. AT&T has great coverage here for me. As far a the Evo to the Inspire. The Evo's Screen is noticeably brighter, but Inspire is very nice.

Al

ptb127

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Ditto to loving the Inspire. Keep trying to find some reason to get the Atrix, Even went to the store and worked with it for a while and walked out with my Inspire in hand. For $99 it is a great phone. Someday I may miss the front facing camera, like when my girlfriend gets her iphone4 and wants to try some sort of video chat. But that has been a novelty at best with apps like Tango, Fring etc. Sense 2.0 is pretty slick and yes the phone is much faster than the Evo I am switching from. I am giving up Sprint due to poor coverage inside the building I work in. AT&T has great coverage here for me. As far a the Evo to the Inspire. The Evo's Screen is noticeably brighter, but Inspire is very nice.

Al

You might not have to worry about that because, as is, the iPhone 4 only supports video chat via FaceTime with iOS capable devices. So even if the Inspire did have a front facing camera, it wouldn't matter.

brdl04

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
You might not have to worry about that because, as is, the iPhone 4 only supports video chat via FaceTime with iOS capable devices. So even if the Inspire did have a front facing camera, it wouldn't matter.

Untrue... iphone has tango and ive chatted with a friend iphone to epic.

EvoXOhio

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I never really got the video chat thing, so a ffc was not necessary for me. I just don't want to look at people when I talk to them, unless I was traveling and away from my family, but I have a laptop with a webcam for that.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I just switched back to the Inspire. I went from Inspire, returned for the Atrix, and returned Atrix for the Inspire. Just didnt like the Atrix after all.

motumbo

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Not impressed at all with Atrix

It happened to me the same as you guys. I bought the Inspire a few days ago and I also slightly look at the Atrix but It didn call my attention at all at that time. Then I read the Atrix specs and I came back to ATT with the intention of trade my Inspire for the Atrix, but no way it seems to me the captivate is even better than Atrix and also it is pricey. The screen seems smaller than it actually is and the phone looks cheap. Inspire is probably the best 850/1900 WCDMA (NAM version) phone nowadays.

camgen

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
As for me, I was waiting for the Atrix to come out, specs looked good on paper. I just got me a WP7 (Focus) phone with every intent of swapping it to the Atrix when it goes out on sale. But my wife got the Inspire and I fell in love with her phone. Returned my Focus and got me an Inspire.

mc511

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I went to the ATT store today for an early upgrade and walked out with the inspire. Great phone. I love sense. I didnt really play around with the atrix much at the store but i just the loove the build quality and the speed of the device. Again sense is just amazing. I mean i use alot of email and do text a couple of times and its pretty decent at keeping up with all of that. I am now hooked onto android.

Garz

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I just switched back to the Inspire. I went from Inspire, returned for the Atrix, and returned Atrix for the Inspire. Just didnt like the Atrix after all.

I did the exact same thing. I just preferred Sense and the 4.3" screen. Motoblur had some bugs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke