1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default cannot hear or be heard

so, when i call someone, they cannot hear me. when someone calls me i cant hear them AND they cant hear me. ive tried restarting my phone, but that didnt work. any suggestions?
    Mr. Ro.

Global Posts
    2,226 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWizJB leak

Did you root your phone?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

nope, was just sitting here and had to call somebody. ended up using my wifes iphone.

Have you physically pulled the battery out for a few seconds and then put it back in? I had that problem once and it worked.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

pulled the battery. still couldnt hear either way. but, when i put the phone on speaker it worked. turned speaker off and the handset worked. kinda. it was really choppy thought.

I'm having the same issue when I call someone they can nit hear me & I can not hear them. It worked fine first 5 days now having this issue. I have to use my iPhone to make calls.

Exchange it for another one.

But when u turn off & on speaker phone like someone mentioned it's works fine. Anyone think it's a bug? Or is it defective?
    Mr. Ro.

Global Posts
    2,226 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWizJB leak

Quote Originally Posted by Koilvr View Post
    But when u turn off & on speaker phone like someone mentioned it's works fine. Anyone think it's a bug? Or is it defective?
    Could be both. I would exchange it to be safe.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

going to att in a few

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

is your bluetooth headset on and sitting in a bag or sitting in your car? Silly question but I had instances when I used to use a headset that the car was close enough and the phone would grab onto the headset and connect and I would make a call and hear nothing totally stumped until I figured it out.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

no bluetooth headset on. not a silly question, often the best solution is the easiest. went to att and they traded it out for a new one no questions asked.

I've had the same problem. Had my phone for about a week now. Last night I go to make a phone call and I can hear the person I called, but they couldn't hear me. I turned on the speakerphone and that worked. I clicked it back to the handset and notta. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with this problem. I'll be going to ATT tomorrow to exchange it out.

go in the settings menu go to call, make sure hearing aids is unchecked, and TTY mode is also unchecked.
    Thanked by:
    Mr. Ro.

Global Posts
    2,226 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWizJB leak

Another thing to check would be the flip setting. See if it's set to go to speakerphone if you flip the phone. Maybe it's getting confused between flipping and activating the proximity sensor.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

all those boxes were unchecked. no flip mode, i turned that off.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    go in the settings menu go to call, make sure hearing aids is unchecked, and TTY mode is also unchecked.
    smokinHawk hit it right on the head, I went to Menu, Call and unchecked the TTY and Hearing aids checkboxes and all is well again with being heard in phone calls without having to use speakerphone. Thanks smokinHawk!!!

Global Posts
    545 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 2.4

Im definitely going to best buy tomorrow to see if I can exchange mine as well. This is quite annoying

I had same issue twice, swapped out phone for another and duplicated problem..... I had used GPS/Maps/Navigator each time before the phone went into the dumper.... Hard reset after third issue and tried to duplicate problem but seems to be ok.... Still returned the Inspire because too frustrating and lost faith in it.