Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BrianTufo
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default iTunes for Inspire

I am a new android user with all of my music in iTunes. Some is purchased from the iTunes store, some is copied from my cds. Will any of these apps (iSyncr, DoubleTwist, etc.) allow my Android phone to play the tracks purchased from the iTunes store? If not, will software like TuneClone (or other, please recommend) be beneficial?

Is there a music player pre-installed on my Inspire? Any benefits to using a different one from the app store?

Any help would be appreciated. I am coming from an old Razr, so all of this is new to me.
    Mr. Ro.

Global Posts
    2,228 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWizJB leak

iSyncr will work so will HTC sync. As long as the music you bought from the itunes store was after they took DRM off, it will work. Otherwise, you'll need to convert it to MP3.

I am also an iTunes user and for the time being, I just wanted a selection of my favorite albums on my Inspire, so I just made a Music folder on the micro SD card and copied the album folders from where they're saved on my computer. I haven't had any trouble with them playing from the music player that comes on the Inspire as is, but I would have to check to see if any of them were older purchases that might be affected by DRM.

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by KTyger View Post
    I am also an iTunes user and for the time being, I just wanted a selection of my favorite albums on my Inspire, so I just made a Music folder on the micro SD card and copied the album folders from where they're saved on my computer. I haven't had any trouble with them playing from the music player that comes on the Inspire as is, but I would have to check to see if any of them were older purchases that might be affected by DRM.
    I have music on my Captivate from the original iPhone and it has no problem being played on my phone.

Global Posts
    1,197 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Easy Phone Tunes also works. I transferred my entire iTunes playlist to my Inspire right out of the box extremely easy and fast.
    rgordon likes this.

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    ROM
    GingerBeast & CM7

HTC has sync app, similar to that of the BlackBerry.

if you are windows i recommend mediamonkey for easy sync tag and renaming

also htc inspire allows drag and drop.. just create a music folder

I use Tunesync and find it works pretty well. I hate itunes, but feel like right now I am forced to use it anyway. Basically, you setup playlists in itunes, and then you sync them over the air with tunesync on the phone (little program installed on PC too).

I have regular playlists, and then also one I call "Nexus Sync" that I use to sync all the music I want on the phone, but not in other playlists.

Another nice thing is that if you sync the "Purchased" playlist, everything you buy is automatically put on the phone. It basically syncs every night while charging.

It's a great little app.

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

I'm an ex-iPhoner also. I just started using Doubletwist, and it seems to be pretty good. The player also sounds much better than the stock HTC music player.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock rooted 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by pazzo02 View Post
    I'm an ex-iPhoner also. I just started using Doubletwist, and it seems to be pretty good. The player also sounds much better than the stock HTC music player.
    I was just about to come in here and post about Doubletwist. It works really well.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    ROM
    GingerBeast & CM7

The HTCSync PC Application is really limited in what it can sync. If you use Outlook exclusively, thats the ONLY option you have to sync your phone with for Contacts, calendar, people.

Its option to have your Music sync from a specific folder is nice, and even Windows Media Player and iTunes is decent. (2 way sync available).

Your photo's can be synced to a specific folder (2 way sync available).

And having your bookmarks sync from either Firefox or Internet Explorer is a nice touch.

If you are having issues connecting your device to HTCSync, you have to disable any applications running iTunes/Apple in your Task Manager. (on PC, just hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and select Task Manager). There seems to be a conflict with HTCSync and iTunes. But its a temp fix unless you uninstall iTunes completely.

Overall, I find HTCSync Completely useless, as iTunes allowed GMail to Sync, and even BlackBerry's Device Manager allowed the same thing. I don't use Outlook, but if you do, then this is for you.