Just some questions about the Inspire

mc511

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Okay so tomorrow i plan on going to best buy and seeing if i can do an early upgrade. Reason being is because me and a few other guys are planning on making an android game and releasing it on the market. Hopefully i can slide but i doubt it. Anyway i have a few questions before i do buy.

1. If i am developing an app from the android sdk will i be able to playtest it on the inspire? I kow ATT androids cant sideload apps.

2. How much storage space does the phone come with out of the box? ATT likes to load alot of their own apps on there. If its 1 gig then i am good because i do know it comes with an 8 gig sd card.

3.How is the battery? I have heard from some reviews its good and others its not so good.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Okay so tomorrow i plan on going to best buy and seeing if i can do an early upgrade. Reason being is because me and a few other guys are planning on making an android game and releasing it on the market. Hopefully i can slide but i doubt it. Anyway i have a few questions before i do buy.

1. If i am developing an app from the android sdk will i be able to playtest it on the inspire? I kow ATT androids cant sideload apps.

2. How much storage space does the phone come with out of the box? ATT likes to load alot of their own apps on there. If its 1 gig then i am good because i do know it comes with an 8 gig sd card.

3.How is the battery? I have heard from some reviews its good and others its not so good.

If you have the SDK installed and adb working sideloading is easy. They can't sideload apps stored on the device, but they sideload through the shell just fine.

Don't remember exactly how much app storage is there, but it's right around 1GB

Battery life sucked for me. Only GSM Android phone I've used that won't last through the day without charging it.

mc511

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
adb. You won't be developing apps without it working -- it's part of the SDK and you need it for the debugger.

Ahh okay. In the game dev project i will probably acting as artist or designer, we already have guys who have learned how to use the sdk and such. Although i do have it installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12