Screen Lag?

Silas0220

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I'm getting an Inspire next week, soon as my Verizon contract lets up its cold, desperate death grip. I've played with the ones in the AT&T store quite a bit. Now, I understand that display models in AT&T stores have had a lot of people doing a lot of mean things to them, but I'm noticed one consistent thing across all of them that concerns me.

When I start moving my finger on the screen, it takes half a second or so before the screen starts moving. Doesn't seem to matter if I'm on the home screen, settings, scrolling around a webpage, what have you. It's not a lot of lag, but enough to be noticeable. Has anyone else noticed this? Has it been an issue for you, or do you get used to it? It seems that, once I have the screen moving, it doesn't lag at all and it doesn't seem to be related to the rest of the phone running slowly or anything. Just takes the screen a moment to realize I'm doing something, then it goes "Oh crap, be right with you!"

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I saw a lot of what you describe, but on the Atrix. I haven't experienced any lag whatsoever on my Inspire. Perhaps you could try a different one or ask the reps in the store to try one of theirs.

Mycopsycho

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I recently was in an AT&T store trying out the Inspire and noticed that the phone kept switching into landscape mode (e.g., when I was accessing the keyboard or going to a website) even though I was holding the phone upright. When I talked to the rep there about the problem, he said that it probably was being caused by interference from the security device attached to the rear of the phone. He said they had noticed that caused abnormal behavior on some of the phones. Maybe that's causing the lag you experienced. Just a thought.

Reactions: Silas0220

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
the only time I ever get any sort of lag is right after a restart and even then it goes away once the phone settles out.

Silas0220

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You've all made me feel a lot better about it. I can see perhaps the security device causing issues. Not sure how the tech would sort out on that, but it makes sense. I was hoping it was just an issue with the in store models. I could probably get used to it, but I'd rather not have to. If no one on here has been having that issues consistently, I'm not worried. Thanks!

EvoXOhio

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I saw a lot of what you describe, but on the Atrix. I haven't experienced any lag whatsoever on my Inspire. Perhaps you could try a different one or ask the reps in the store to try one of theirs.

+1. I had the atrix and returned it after a few days. One of the main reasons was the horrible UI lag.