HELP! Setting up email!

Milkman333

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello All...

First off, I wanna start off by saying, coming from other forums, I totally understand that STFT (Search The F... Thread) is thrown out to those who dont do their work when searching answers... just wanna make it clear I have searched but have still been unsuccessful in setting up my yahoo.com and sbcglobal.net email account.

I've searched here, htc sense.com and other threads started.

When I try to do either I keep getting a message:

!Warning
Authentifaction failed.
Please verify your username/password

Hello.... i should know my OWN info lol

Any suggestions anyone

Thanks

BTW... i am digging this phone as of yet, 2nd day, no lag, so much to learn still...

ReuvenNY

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
You may want to download K-9 email client and give it a shot. I used it for years on my old T-Mobil G1 phone and now on the Inspire. It's far superior to the native mail app and may resolve your problem.

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
What you might want to do is make sure that in your main email accounts, in your settings, you should have IMAP or POP3 enabled. If either of these settings are disabled, then you will get these sorts of messages.

It happened to me, had me frustrated, but, for example: GMail, I had my settings disabled until I enabled them, and all was well on my phones end.

Good luck!
---------------

Also, if you need to see it visually, you should check out videos on YouTube as well for referencing.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello All...

First off, I wanna start off by saying, coming from other forums, I totally understand that STFT (Search The F... Thread) is thrown out to those who dont do their work when searching answers... just wanna make it clear I have searched but have still been unsuccessful in setting up my yahoo.com and sbcglobal.net email account.

I've searched here, htc sense.com and other threads started.

When I try to do either I keep getting a message:

!Warning
Authentifaction failed.
Please verify your username/password

Hello.... i should know my OWN info lol

Any suggestions anyone

Thanks

BTW... i am digging this phone as of yet, 2nd day, no lag, so much to learn still...

I just want to say welcome and let ya know you wont find that attitude here its not allowed. People get hammered at other forums and come in here worried what might happen but we are a friendly help forum without your questions we wouldn't have much to do so ask away if we already have the answer someone will provide a link. Searching first is always good so do that but don't hesitate to post those questions if you need to we will help if we can.

:cool:
Dave

dvine81

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Did you figure out the problem? If not post back, I may be able to help. I finally got my live account and ymail accounts to work after a little trial and error.