3rd Inspire & 2 questions

Shempster

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm back & I'm on my 3rd Inspire & I have a few questions.

First off, I returned my last Inspire 2 or 3 weeks ago & got a new one yesterday. I can't get a unified mail inbox for anything! The other phones I had no trouble setting this up, but no one can get this one to do it. ATT (don't bother with their phone tech support) & a guy where I bought it couldn't get it to do it either. I have 3 email accounts setup: gmail, yahoo & a pop3. They all work fine but when I go into the pop3 mail account and tap the bar that shows the pop3 account, instead of showing the others & the option to select all accounts, it just shows the current account & the option to create a new account. Its like none of the accounts knows the others exist. I've deleted/recreated the yahoo & pop3 with no results. Any ideas?

Secondly, when I got home & turned the phone on I saw it successfully joining my secured network automatically with no intervention from me! This freaked me out & I spent the next 5 minutes going over my network settings to verify I hadn't been hacked & left with an open network. After I calmed down I also realized that the phone had downloaded many of the apps I downloaded on the previous phones.

So, obviously this is syncing from my google/gmail/market account? If so, I'm not sure I like them having my network key. Is this in fact how it works?

Also, all three of my Inspires had/have the bug where after a while the screen won't switch back & forth from portrait & landscape. A power off fixes it but I hope HTC will permanently fix this.

Thanks for any insight into these issues.

Last edited:

CutRiteFX

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same thing happen to me a couple of times where the phone stayed in portrait mode. Just power cycled and it fixed the problem.

I am not sure about them having the network key. I would like to look into this as well. But LOVE THE PHONE>

stevehsteveh

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, on my. Ispire I go to all accounts and this is the unified mailbox. They are also color coded. Blue yellow and orange for my three accounts. Don't know why you can't see this

Shempster

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Yea, thats how it was on my first two Inspires. Loved that! I'm going to delete all my email accounts & put them back on in a different order or something. The only thing we did differently this time was instead of trying to do Yahoo as a pop account - which didn't really work anyway - It showed up in the unified in box but always gave a login error. I went strait for the Yahoo app which works great but doesn't show up as an option to unify. And this time my gmail account doesn't show as an option either. Its just as if none of the 3 email accounts know about each other.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aesthetics1