Yahoo mail

anon(4144202)

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
So I know I've seen this countless times except for a few exceptions. I have a yahoo account and I pay the 20 a year subscription. I know they have the yahoo mail app in the market but I hate the app. I want to know how get yahoo to work on the regular Android mail app. I tried YouTube videos and read posts on here but have not succeeded. No matter which method I try I get the unauthorized username or password.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

smokinHawk

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
i dont pay, but i tried a lot of methods and couldnt get it to work so i sucked it up and used the app, got used to it so not to bad.

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I had to get the app too because I got the same problem. I posted on here asking someone how to "log out" while using that app but no one has answered me.

I do NOT like having my email open like that...same for Twitter, but I am new to apps so maybe you can't log out of anything...LOL

I sure hope someone posts a fix for your problem as I would like to get away from that app myself.

anon(4144202)

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The app wouldn't be so bad except if I try to go left or right it lags. That is if it moves. Up and down is fine.

Sasha718#AC

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I kept getting the same errors and the only way I could get it to work was to goto settings-accounts/sync and add account. It gave me the option to add a yahoo account to be synced. Then I went back to the regular mail app and opened it, put in my email address and password and yahoo set up in 3sec. Wish I would've figured it out 3 weeks ago lol.

freedled

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I can't make this work! I went to exchange Activesync, but it didn't give me the option to do a yahoo acct. I am very new and probably am missing something.

Sasha718#AC

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I went in to the regular sock settings app for the phone. Not the settings in the Yahoo app.

Settings, Accounts & Sync, then at the bottom there was a button that says "Add Account"

After I hit add account it gave me a list of accounts and I chose Yahoo.

Then I went back to the stock mail and added my Yahoo email and password and it did the rest.

This is the only way I could get it to work. I don't know if it will work for everyone and this is my first Android device so I really don't know too much. I am still learning. I almost thought of going back to an Iphone but I love the customization and widgets too much :)

Sasha718#AC

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Sasha I just tried that and it didn't work.

Sorry....I thought I could help. I hope someone is able to help you. I'm not experienced in Android yet. I just don't understand why it is so hard to add a simple email account. You would think with "phones that can do everything" that this would be second nature.

anon(4144202)

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry....I thought I could help. I hope someone is able to help you. I'm not experienced in Android yet. I just don't understand why it is so hard to add a simple email account. You would think with "phones that can do everything" that this would be second nature.

It's ok. I'm not familiar with Android either. I just bought the inspire after getting rid of ky iPhone 4. You're right though u would think Android would make other email services easier to add.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12