Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

Default Weather widget problem.

So for some unknown reason my weather widget now shows "Texas" as my location instead of my city. I live in Houston but for some reason it won't show it on my home screen. Any suggestions. Driving me nuts.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

try this,

go to settings then account & sync and check auto sync.. it worked for me, had the same problem..

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

Apparently the whole state of Texas has the same weather. Didn't you know that?!

I can't say I've had the issue of showing a state for my weather, but it definitely shows the wrong city sometimes. Usually it's something within a couple of miles at least, but once or twice it shows an entirely random city (it still says current location). A friend of mine with another android phone (not sure which one) had it showing New Orleans I believe (we live in PA) for a while. Seems like a simple refreshing fixes it, and sometimes it just seems like a weak signal can mess it up but will show accurately once you get in an area with a strong signal.

Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Have you tired going into
    Settings>Location>Location Settings>On

Then going back and try to refresh your Weather Widget.

Quote Originally Posted by gupt81 View Post
    try this,

go to settings then account & sync and check auto sync.. it worked for me, had the same problem..
    I had the same problem yesterday when I activated my Inspire and doing exactly what you said he is what fixed my location issue.

I used that widget, no problems
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

Thanks. Yea I have all of that done on my phone. I guess it might just be I have a weak signal or in a bad location. I have refreshed it and usually fixes it. Just weird lol.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk