So for some unknown reason my weather widget now shows "Texas" as my location instead of my city. I live in Houston but for some reason it won't show it on my home screen. Any suggestions. Driving me nuts.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    03-10-2011 01:26 PM
    try this,

go to settings then account & sync and check auto sync.. it worked for me, had the same problem..
    03-14-2011 08:48 AM
    Apparently the whole state of Texas has the same weather. Didn't you know that?!

I can't say I've had the issue of showing a state for my weather, but it definitely shows the wrong city sometimes. Usually it's something within a couple of miles at least, but once or twice it shows an entirely random city (it still says current location). A friend of mine with another android phone (not sure which one) had it showing New Orleans I believe (we live in PA) for a while. Seems like a simple refreshing fixes it, and sometimes it just seems like a weak signal can mess it up but will show accurately once you get in an area with a strong signal.
    03-14-2011 10:16 AM
    Have you tired going into
    Settings>Location>Location Settings>On

Then going back and try to refresh your Weather Widget.
    03-14-2011 09:23 PM
    try this,

go to settings then account & sync and check auto sync.. it worked for me, had the same problem..
    I had the same problem yesterday when I activated my Inspire and doing exactly what you said he is what fixed my location issue.
    03-15-2011 08:17 PM
    I used that widget, no problems
    03-19-2011 07:38 AM
    Thanks. Yea I have all of that done on my phone. I guess it might just be I have a weak signal or in a bad location. I have refreshed it and usually fixes it. Just weird lol.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    03-19-2011 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD