How do i update the swype installer?!

Psosmith82

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
A new beta of swype came out today, and in order to install it, it says i have to update the installer. Well in the instructions for installing swype, it doesnt tell you how to update the installer. How do i do this, It says install blocked of course when you try and update.

What is with att and locking out these outside source installs. Its pretty retarted

Dilrod

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I got a pop up today saying thank you for using swype but your trial period has ended or somthing like that. Now I can't swype. Anyone have a suggestion?

leszer

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I got a pop up today saying thank you for using swype but your trial period has ended or somthing like that. Now I can't swype. Anyone have a suggestion?

^ Same here. I initially just tried uninstalling and reinstalling. No such luck. Any help would be great.

el98464

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Ditto!! I just got this message as well! Swype is so much better than regular typing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bmgordon7

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Swype Update Not Working

I also cannot seem to update my phone to the new installer for Swype. I would love to continue using this keyboard. Does anyone know how to install Swype with the new installer?

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys...I just searched "slide it" on the android marketplace and already like it more than the few weeks I had swype. It is much more responsive, faster, doesn't glitch out like swype did on my phone and you don't have to spend 2 hours trying to get around having swype. Trust me you will thank me later.

Reactions: Shaneous

Shaneous

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Installed it and am as happy as I was with Swype. Good call bro thanks. Runs a smidge better I might add. Got the trial version and will most likely buy the full version. Wouldve bought Swype if AT&T didnt have their head up their protocols...

matuk.8

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the same question as the OP. I actually uninstalled Swype and re-registered with a different email to see if that worked. But the installer they send in the email is still the old one because it prompts me that I need to download an update. Some one help. I want it back.

matuk.8

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok OP, I got it. Uninstall both Swype and Swype Installer. Then go to "https://beta.swype.com/android/get" on your phone (use stock internet app, dolphin would not let it recognize my device) Then follow instructions on "http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-inspire-4g/60295-guide-installing-swype-beta-htc-inspire-4g.html"

BUT on steps 6 & 7, make sure you replace "Swype-Installer" with the exact name it shows you when you install it to your phone. It may be the same but it may be "Swype-Installer-1" or any other number depending on how many times you may have installed it. I tried it several times before I figured it out so mine was "Swype-Installer-6". You can see this when you visit the webpage above it begins to install to your phone automatically. Then, on your phone, pull down the top bar and it will show what name it was installed as.