phone resent bunches of old texts upon restart

Irishluck002

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Title basically sums it up why did my phone send a bunch of old text messages when I restarted it? Just picked itup a few days ago and it happened to my sisters phone too. Any ideas to keep this from happening again?

Irishluck002

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
**Update - I restarted my phone again to see if it sent out old texts, and sure enough it sent out every text I had sent and recieved between my last reset and this current one, plus a lot of other older ones from my blackberry days. Not a good thing.

bump....and a follow up

So after looking into the problem net-wide, I've come across 3 or 4 posts on other android sites/htc site/att wireless site that all have a 1 post thread with a similar problem but no replies/solutions.

I did the next logical thing and called ATT. After hassling me for even restarting my phone, which should obviously be an acceptable feature of any phone (/electronic device), he told me he had never heard of the problem and that it was an HTC issue, not an ATT issue. He gave me the HTC number and that was that.

to reconfirm, my phone not only tweaked out and re-sent texts that I had sent, but full conversations that included sent and received texts, all back to the person who I was texting with. It crashed my poor girlfriend's Iphone due to over 500 texts being re-sent.

So anyways, I call HTC and they say its an ATT issue, especially since some of the text's re-sent were from when I was still on my Blackberry over 2 weeks ago.

My next course of action is going to be visiting ATT in person, but I wanted to check in again with the community to see if anyone had any ideas/had heard anything else on this.

I can rule out sim card since I was given a fresh one when I bought my Inspire, and I know it happened to my sister's phone (she got a new Inspire the same day). We both got our phones from the same store, so maybe its a bad batch perhaps, but that seems unlikely; the phone has been great otherwise (we're also on separate family plans, so no cross-over coincidence there either). The text-freakout happened on my 2nd full reset, and until I get more news I wont be restarting it again.

The phone is also completely stock.

So....yeah, odd.

Last edited:

lpk93

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
My Inspire 4G did the same thing!

My first Inspire 4G started rapid firing old texts to several different people. Pulled the battery and it stopped temporarily but started again the next day. I exchanged it for a new one and no more text issues. Unfortunately, now I am having new issues with this phone. It's been very quirky and has randomly deleted some of my videos and photos. It also becomes non-responsive and does some other weird stuff. I looove this phone but I'm getting pretty upset. I just looked at my husbands phone and his is acting weird too. Not sure how to proceed :( Any suggestions are wecome.

Irishluck002

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I've got a solution!

After calling ATT 2 more times and having them try some account re-set stuff and generally not having any clue on how to fix the issue, I tried thinking about what else could be causing the issue for both my and my sisters' phone, but no one elses (generally).

The problem for me ended up being the sync I did from my old Blackberry Bold 9000 to the android. My sister had a BB Curve. Both of us sync'd old messages from our blackberries to our new Inspires. There must be some issue with the coding of blackberry messages and how the Inspire/and/or Android reads them. I deleted all of my text messages (including those that I brought over Via Bluetooth from the Blackberry), and my issue is now fixed. I had my sister do the same with her phone, and hers has also stopped re-sending old text messages upon reboots.

I would try cleaning out anything you brought over to your new phone, especially messages. I don't think anything ATT tried impacted the issue I had, so I would hold off on trying to contact them for now. I'm going to write them a lengthy e-mail in hopes of helping them inform other users, since none of the 4 or 5 people I spoke with had any clue on what caused my problem or how to fix it.

Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae