Bad signal

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that this phone gets really bad signals for WiFi and cell service? My iPhone got service in a lot more places than this. If anyone knows why this is or if it is something I did then please explain. Need help before I switch carriers to get better signal even though I love this phone.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

SOG_Bulldog

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I had to return mine due to the fact I was only getting about half of the call I was suppose to be getting. I haven't decided which device I am going to go with, the service in my area isn't the best to start with. I have heard good reports about the Captivate so I may give that a try until something better comes out.

emscapt47

Trusted Member
Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
I had a Captivate and its worse with signal trust me..I live in a great signal area and i always had 3 bars if i was lucky but with the inspire i get 5 almost all the time...

Myself

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed it shows lower service (my iphone 4 would show 5 in most places where the inspire shows 3 or 4 bars), but I haven't had any issues with call quality or placing/receiving calls. If I'm only at 1 bar I may have issues, but it's the same areas where I had 1 bar with the iphone too. Overall it may be slightly weaker signal, but nothing alarming and I still have more success with placing calls and keeping them on/not dropping calls with the Inspire vs. the iphone.

mthorn79

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I had a Captivate and its worse with signal trust me..I live in a great signal area and i always had 3 bars if i was lucky but with the inspire i get 5 almost all the time...

Uh, not from what I saw last night. Got my wife the Captivate & the same time I bought my Inspire. Holding the phones side by side at our house I was getting the last tiny bar, maybe 2 bars on my Inspire...hers, full pegged out bars on the Captivate. Did a Speedtest on both at the same time, mine barely even got to 1.85mbps Down/.35mbps Up & hers got 2.87mbps Down/.56mbps Up. Ran 2 times & both averaged the same each time.

If this tells you anything...

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
i've noticed that the wifi signal seems a little bit lower sometimes, but the cell signal has always been really good for me.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed a difference in signal strength between the Inspire and iPhone. As long as calls are coming through and not going straight to vmail I wouldn't worry about it.

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I used to have issues with my Torch where it wouldn't ring but the voice mail notification would go off. Drove me nuts. Haven't had an issue with my Inspire yet. Stronger reception in my apartment than my Torch ever got.

Eileen89

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The signal on my Inspire is very good from what I can tell with call quality, and data usage. I have learned from my iPhone 4 that signal bars are not a good indication of how good your cell signal really is..... as far as WiFi goes, the Inspire is far better than my iPhone 4. The iPhone 4 would drop my WiFi just about every hour at work, and a lot of the times it occurred when I kept it on standby for a period of time. The Inspire keeps the WiFi connection even if it's in standby for a while.......

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk.

emscapt47

Trusted Member
Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
Uh, not from what I saw last night. Got my wife the Captivate & the same time I bought my Inspire. Holding the phones side by side at our house I was getting the last tiny bar, maybe 2 bars on my Inspire...hers, full pegged out bars on the Captivate. Did a Speedtest on both at the same time, mine barely even got to 1.85mbps Down/.35mbps Up & hers got 2.87mbps Down/.56mbps Up. Ran 2 times & both averaged the same each time.

If this tells you anything...

Well i would get your phone looked at cause there is no way the inspire should be slower or weaker...Hmm interesting...

dressagerider

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I had an atrix and iphone 4 on trial and owned an iphone 3gs for a long time before I finally ended up with the inspire.

My inspire gets just as good, if not better, bars of service than all the phones mentioned above.

My husband has the iphone 3gs still and his phone did not work last night in a restuarant and my inspire had service.

I have only had the inspire for a few days and have not noticed a problem so far.

honda_quad_rider

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
My Inspire is a little bit worse than the iPhone 3gs.

I just switched from the iPhone 3gs to the Inspire, and the WiFi and call signal are a little bit worse than my iPhone. The WiFi doesn't pick up signal from too far away. My iPhone would have WiFi connection almost all the way out of my driveway. The WiFi on my Inspire gets dropped right when I step out of the door. Also, I use to be able to make calls and send texts from a friends house with the iPhone, but with the Inspire, I am unable to do so. The message always comes back as and error to send the message. When I try to make a call at her house with my Inspire, nothing ever happened. My Inspire was showing the last bar of service too, so I would think that I'd be able to at least send a text. I've had the original iPhone, and the 3gs one, and they both sent texts from her house. It's not too big of a deal though, since I don't go to her house a lot, but it's weird that this new phone doesn't have as good as service.

schinner16

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Take this as you want but of 4 phones I have tried in the past month this inspire gets prolly the worst cell reception. The other three phones are the old v 3 razor, blackjack 2, and lastly the flight 2 feature phone which was the best by far.

mdunn1066

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I noticed poorer reception on the inspire than most others as well. It was my primary reason for returning it and the sales rep in the store told me That this wasnt the first time she heard it. It could be because the phones aluminum construction?

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ya I returned mine because its signal was awful and wouldn't send or receive messages or calls with 1 bar...why put 1 bar on it if you need 2 to do anything. Got the TH now and have service EVERYWHERE!

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz