Enjoying your new 4G Phone?

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
Is an email I got from AT&T.

------------

We hope you are enjoying your 4G Smartphone!

We value your business and want to ensure you're set up with the right data plan for your Smartphone. If you have recently swapped a SIM card from your 3G handset into your 4G Smartphone, your data service may not work properly. Please call us at 1-800-331-0500 (or 611 from your wireless phone) and our team can help you establish service with an AT&T 4G Data Plan.

Our team is ready to help you activate data service with the right plan. We look forward to your call.

Thank you for being an AT&T customer.

Sincerely,

AT&T

------------

I saw the 4G service plans, and they are crippled as a question mark.

$25 - 4G with a 2GB Data plan
$45 - 4G with a 4GB Data plan + Tethering

Is this even right? lol. Previous Unlimited Data plans don't even get grandfathered in now.

Discuss

Xertion3

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Nope! I recently switched to find out later that my data speeds were the same as when I was on the "grandfathered" unlimited plan. I'm a little upset and trying to convince myself that I'm paying for the tethering and 4G once it becomes the real 4G.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
Wow. I don't think I will be doing anything since I am on WiFi 90% of the time at home and at work.

The speeds feel the same, no need to these sorts of menacing emails imo.

Hypnopottamus

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Don't know for sure, but it may have to do with compatibility w/ HSPA vs. HSPA+ Maybe the the old 3G sim cards can't access the HSPA+ backhaul? Could be all BS for all I know. You shouldn't have to cancel your unlimited plan though. You should be able to upgrade from unlimited 3G to unlimited 4G! I was able to.

Capt.D

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad Verizon made my unlimited 3g unlimited 4g for the same price. I moved my wife from At&t to Verizon and got the Thunderbolt swapped her my incredible and they kept her on 4g even though the inc isn't and put my line on 4g so I can use the TBolt. They said it is the same price and would avoid future problems when I get her a 4g phone

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk Pro

Dilrod

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
If you have unlimited smartphone data, you are grandfathered in, unless you choose the tethering package. FACT. I work for att.

bghapb

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a unlimited data plan with AT&T plus tethering (5G limit per month). I currently use an HTC Fuze. If I switch to an Inspire, can I keep the same plan?

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
If you have unlimited smartphone data, you are grandfathered in, unless you choose the tethering package. FACT. I work for att.

I find that hard to believe because my Data Plan from an iPhone going to a data plan giving me 4G (HSPA+) connection is different. From what they told me. Also, they told me from two different AT&T locations and phone reps that 4G in my area is available but not yet deployed. Only available for Data Cards and not the phones.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Their own website says you can keep it. Search my posts, I can't link bc I am on Tapatalk right now.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
From my understanding, if you had unlimited data, you can stay on that plan. If you switch to a different (limited) plan or were not previosly on an unlimited plan, you can't get the unlimited. They said they type of plan has nothing to do with the speeds you get. This is a personal account, of course. I don't think there's even an option for unlimited if you have a business account.

Dilrod

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I find that hard to believe because my Data Plan from an iPhone going to a data plan giving me 4G (HSPA+) connection is different. From what they told me. Also, they told me from two different AT&T locations and phone reps that 4G in my area is available but not yet deployed. Only available for Data Cards and not the phones.

The plans are exactly the same monthly. $30 unlimited iphone and $30 unlimited hspa+. I am a manager for an AT&T Corporate Store. If you don't get your unlimited data, the rep didnt pay attention (because it auto switches to the 2 gig when upgrading)

as long as you stay with a smart phone you are grandfathered into the unlimited data. You could go blackberry, 6 months later buy a windows phone, 6 months after that go to an iphone, change the next month to a droid. All unlimited data if you already have it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol