Amazon App Store: How to install on Inspire

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I jumped the gun. Even though I can get the Amazon App Store installed I still can't install apps from said store but thanks to forum user elrol here is a way to get it to work without rooting.

Thanks to "elrol" and his post below.
A quirky work-around that's not that painful.

First install the actual Amazon App Store

1. Downloadd the Amazon Appstore .apk file: http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get-ap...tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU752274
  2. Use the most awesome sideloading app for Windows
  3. Now you will have the AAS inside your app drawer

Once you have installed the app store on your device...

1. Locate the app you want and install it via the AAS
    It will download to this directory first:
    \Android\data\com.amazon.venezia\cache
  2. Click Cancel when you see the message "For Security, your phone is set to block installations of applications not obtained from Android Market"
  3. Now open a "file explorer" app like ES File Explorer and navigate to the folder listed in Step 1 (\Android\data\com.amazon.venezia\cache)
  4. Find the .apk file you just attempted to install press and hold the icon then select "Send"
  5. I have DropBox so I use that to get it to my PC. I tried Gmail and it worked. Tip: check the .apk file size to make sure it's not too big.
  6. Now you can use the Sideload Wonder Machine to install the app.

I also found this page linked from Amazon's site to ATT
Amazon Appstore for Android - Coming Soon to AT&T Phones
I suggest everyone who owns an Inspire enter their email address so ATT sees how many of us want another option for apps.

Guess I will have to root my Inspire sooner than I thought.

I would like to thank ATT for being dicks about non-market apps.

You can "buy" apps on the Amazon site and then install them on your device which is good if you want Angry Birds RIO for free before the promotion runs out.

Last edited:

killingwthasmile

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
How were you able to do that? I used the sideloading app to get the app store installed, but when i attempted to download and install an app from it i was not allowed.

Once the App Store is on my phone how do I get android to let me install from it?

elrol

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I did the same thing this morning.. what you need to do after you download the game from the amazon store..

open your sd card files in windows explorer and just search for .apk.. the search should return a file similar to vnz45949.apk. this was the filename for my angry birds rio download.. i had to copy it to my desktop and then use SWM to install it from there.

(It was actually in this folder on the sd card : \Android\data\com.amazon.venezia\cache)

Hope that helps everyone..

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I did the same thing this morning.. what you need to do after you download the game from the amazon store..

open your sd card files in windows explorer and just search for .apk.. the search should return a file similar to vnz45949.apk. this was the filename for my angry birds rio download.. i had to copy it to my desktop and then use SWM to install it from there.

(It was actually in this folder on the sd card : \Android\data\com.amazon.venezia\cache)

Hope that helps everyone..

Thanks elrol, I updated my OP thanks to you!

Silas0220

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've used Erol's method and it worked wonderfully. A quick 30 extra seconds of work and Angry Birds Rio is now confirmed working well on my Inspire :D.

djsmom

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
THANK YOU! I don't understand why AT&T has to mkae things so difficult. My first time using sideload wonder and it worked. Now I won't be afraid to try it again.

lmf1030

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
great idea. I too got stump after sideloading the amazon app store and also downloaded angry bird rio and att block the install now with look through the sd card copy to my computer and sideload it back into the phone and it works.

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Also anyone having problems with the tilt functions after installing this? Last night I installed doodle jump and now I have to restart about twice a day now, cant use the accelerometer at all.. unless I restart.

wkpalan

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately it says Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS] for me. Appstore installed fine but the software downloaded doesn't install

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers