1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Otterbox and caller echo?

Was wondering if anybody else sporting a Desire HD Otterbox Defender Case on their HTC Inspire has noticed this? When my phone is in its case 9 out of 10 times the person I am talking to complains of hearing an echo of their voice. As described here:

Everytime they complain, I can remove my phone from the case, call them back and the echo is gone for them. I was wondering if anybody else with the same setup has noticed this? I have yet to poke a hole in the case over the rear mic, but was wondering if it was getting feedback through the case causing the echo...

Thoughts?
    Last edited by satburn; 03-25-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

I have the otterbox commuter case and have no problems.

ROM
    MIUI Rom v1.6

I ordered one and it is suppose to come in next friday. I hope it doesn't effect the call quality like this.

I would say heat a nail and make a hole in the back and see if it helps.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Sorry I should have been more specific... Otterbox Defender case.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by clintrojan View Post
    I would say heat a nail and make a hole in the back and see if it helps.
    Used a paper clip, twisted back and forth and "drilled" through from the inside... lines up perfectly, will test tonight and see.

i have the defender for the desire and use on my inspire. i removed the plastic cover that covers up the flash and that small hole and have never had any complaints of echo. i bet thats gonna be your culprit. why they made the case with the flash covered is beyond me.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by cobra302 View Post
    i have the defender for the desire and use on my inspire. i removed the plastic cover that covers up the flash and that small hole and have never had any complaints of echo. i bet thats gonna be your culprit. why they made the case with the flash covered is beyond me.
    I believe you are going to be right... I tried the pin hole trick... people I talked to said it was better. Seemed to be better in noisy environments vs a dead quiet room (which makes sense). I think I will try removing the whole cover next.