Setting individual notification sounds to mute

Whatah#AC

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I really like my new phone but 50% of the time I am on call and need to hear if I get a SMS page overnight but do not want to hear notifications for exchange email, Gmail, Facebook, or any other notifications.

In each program (gmail and facebook for example) there is a place to define the notification ringtone. Can anyone suggest a method to add "silent" to this ringtone list?

My main exchange email was simple, in settings there are separate boxes for "show notification", "ringtone on" and "vibrate on". So I was able to turn notification on but leave off sound and vibrate. This would be my ideal configuration for everything other than SMS messages.

for Facebook and Gmail I had to turn notifications totally off because there is no option to turn on notification but leave off all sound for those individual programs.

Can someone please suggest how to accomplish the following:
Add a "silent" or "mute" ringtone to the ringtone selection menu in programs like Gmail and Facebook

or

A way to enable home screen notification for these programs but disable any notification sound.

per this thread, if i take a recording of 1 second of silenece and put it inb this folder: /sdcard/media/audio/notifications then it shoudl be selectable in all programs (g,ail, facebook) correct?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax