Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 1600 mAh Battery Now Available

I just saw a 1600 mAh battery available for the Inspire. It is made in China. Has anyone else seen this or tried it? No new battery cover needed. It is the same size as the original.

Have our prayers been answered?

Good to know. Did it say how much it costs.
    Last edited by Patg88; 03-26-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    ROM
    GingerBeast & CM7

link please.

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    ROM
    LeeDroid

Default i did try it. useless

i got the battery for the desire HD. 1600 Mah. completly useless.
    it actually died faster than the stock 1230 one.

i got it from ebay. it was a US seller, but made in china, like all batteries.

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts

I ordered one from eBay a while ago. It was like 1500 or something. Cant remember. It was cheap so I was like why not. I'll let yall know how it works. Even if it isn't good at least I'll have two spares lol.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    ROM
    GingerBeast & CM7

I might be getting that. Its saying on other sites that it gives the Inspire 4G 30% more battery life.

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    ROM
    LeeDroid

Quote Originally Posted by homescrub View Post
    I might be getting that. Its saying on other sites that it gives the Inspire 4G 30% more battery life.
    did you not read my post? it didnt help one bit. it actually died faster.

I purchased 2 1600 mAh batteries from China on eBay. You have to charge them first overnight. They are marginally better then the one that comes with the phone, but they are damn cheap.

Global Posts
    388 Global Posts

Ordered a stock inspire battery yesterday us seller for 6.98 shipped

Default 1600 battery

I got these from china. 2 and a charger for 10.00..... can get the same thing from us site for 25.00.... it has boosted daily use time. U need to follow directions for first time charge.

I bought one the same one on eBay also (1600mAH). I've only seen a marginal increase in battery life, but for $6 it makes a great extra battery. I havent' had any issues with overheating so far - had it about 2 weeks now. It does seem to be a tad bit bigger than the stock battery.

was the usage any big difference?

I got this deal on ebay. $25 for a 1600maH with a wall charger. The first one lasted almost 3 hours after a full 10 hour charge. Gave it another full overnight charge and got 3-4 hours. Awful. Emailed the seller who promptly mailed me another no questions asked. This one will last about 6 hours with moderate use. Again, awful.

Default battery concerns and warnings

just call htc up directly (google htc customer support) and tell them you got a bad battery and the att store said they were out. Lie a little, its not like we werent lied to. Theyll want ur IMEI, and you only get one battery per imei. I asked for a battery door and he included that as well, just fyi. I assume only one per imei for that accessory too. I was going to ask for a si door as well, but decided i'll hold off for another time on that one.

I asked and i got, no cost and i KNOW what i will be getting. Those china knock offs, ive dealt with tme for my aria and captivate...but never again They actually do more harm by giving off incorrect discharge values, screws with your phones internals over time.

Im not a battery guru, but stick with OEM. I say this especially because our phone already has lackluster battery life with no TRUE extended battery future. Obvviously due to the double-edged sword of awesome unibody casing.

Do not trust them, they can fry your device. Nothing but BS according to several articles I read.
    Don't shoot the messager.

ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Quote Originally Posted by satoups View Post
    Do not trust them, they can fry your device. Nothing but BS according to several articles I read.
    Don't shoot the messager.
    The only way a battery can fry your device if it's the wrong voltage.

I bought one on eBay for $4.89 w/free shipping. 1600mAh, made in China, just like the others. I have been using it for about a week. At first it seemed no better than the stock battery, but with every charge it seems to get a little better. I've heard it takes up to 10 full charge and drain cycles to get these batteries to full capacity.

I also read that the device doesn't know it's a stronger battery and when it says it's low it's not as low as it thinks. One post said he got 3 more hours of use after it said 10%. If you're rooted you can supposedly reset the battery stats and the device will report more acurately. I'm not rooted so I can't confirm that.

i just ordered $109 worth of cases, batteries, and accessories. i used the money that i got from selling my atrix

try this one guys. It is the one that i ordered, and i do notice a difference. Take it, it is not a huge difference as my EDVO extended battery was. But still. Works fine for me,

http://forum.androidcentral.com/insp...d-battery.html
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!