GPS issues

OtakuGangsta

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my inspire about a few weeks ago & i've had issues with not getting any gps signal ever. So I did a master resets which fix other issues I was having but still no gps signal when I use google map & navigation. Anyone else have this issue & can help me I kinda need it for the weekends. Thank You!

joe3436

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Believe it or not, I am having the exact same problem. GPS for my Inspire has been non-existent. I actually had a Captivate before this and you know the rest of the story with that one... Now I have the new Inspire and it is giving me the same issues. I have been to two different corporate ATT stores and tried it on multiple HTC Inspire phones there and would you believe it... a lot of the phones have this issue.

A great app to use to see the connectivity is called "GPS Status". This will show you a real-time display of the satellites your phone is hooked up to. The icon is grey with an orange satellite on it.

On my visit today to a corporate ATT store, I had them pull out a brand new Inspire and try and connect. The new Inspire barely had 1 or 2 connections. The actual Inspire floor model was connecting to around 7 satellites. We would hold all 3 phones (mine included) side by side and only the floor model was able to connect to a bunch of satellites.

We might have another Captivate issue on our hands. The workers at ATT were baffled and had no idea what to do. Obviously I would exchange it for a new one, but the new one has the same issue.

They gave me a number to call to get advanced technical support, so I will call that tonight to see what they can do.

If anyone finds out anything regarding this, please hit me up at joe3436 * hotmail * com

joe3436

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Ya, there is definitely an issue with GPS and the Inspire. Even HTC admitted to me that they are working on a fix... sucks!

3GOD

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I rooted and was having some GPS issues as well. The fix for me was to repeat step 5 of the hack kit and to clear all user data for Google maps in application manager. Haven't had any issues since.

physicxnad

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Thinking about picking up the Inspire, and if the GPS issues are true then that kind of stinks. Have you tried using the app 'GPS status" or 'GPS test' to see how many satellite locks you get?

tallal565

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Is this a Google maps issue? Has anybody tried one of the other navigation options in the market.

i do think its google maps. i used a gps test app. i get a lock of about 100 feet in 15 seconds, but when i start google maps, it sometimes takes a longer time than the app.

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been on about 4 different ROM's including the stock one before I rooted and I haven't been having any GPS issues. I would recommend using GPS status to see what satellites you are actually picking up at that moment. I also use waze as my nav app and haven't had any issues. If you are rooted and are using a custom ROM, I would recommend posting in the particular ROMs thread for a GPS fix. Some ROM's need to have GPS fix flashed after flashing the ROM. That would be your best bet on a fix.
As for the floor models at the store, did they take them outside and run the GPS status app? GPS takes a little while to get a good clean lock sometimes. It will also depend on the weather, location, solar weather too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance