HTC Sync will not see Inspire

emtp435

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
First of all, I am new to Androids and to this forum, so if this has been previously posted and answered; I apologize.

I have the Inspire 4G and do like the device other than a few issues: low volume, so-so battery life, and not syncing to my Outlook via HTC Sync.

I have installed uninstalled HTC Sync on my laptop (with and without Norton 260 on or off), uninstalled HTC Sync from my Inspire, and called Tech Support. All of this has failed. I'm tempted to go back to AT&T and get another BB (they at least sync up with my computer and contacts).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Thanks

Hardware:
Toshiba Laptop Athlon X2 64bit
Win 7 Home Premium
All windows updates current
HTC Inspire 4G with Android 2.2.1

KCMike

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
HTC Sycn doesn't see my phone either. <shrugs>

And I agree about the low volume, but it's odd. It's only during calls. The SRS enhancementfor music is much better. Seems like this could be fixed with a S/W upgrade/update.

emtp435

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I don't know exactly how, but I FINALLY got my laptop and phone to play nice with each other. Here's what I did:

Uninstalled everything with HTC in it from my laptop.
Uninstalled HTC sync from the phone
Downloaded (again) HTC sync from the website
Rebooted both
Plugged the phone into the computer and it said the drivers weren't installed properly, BUT windows took me to the HTC website for a drive for a T-Mobil device (I don't remember which though).
Reinstalled HTC sync on the laptop.
Rebooted again
and All Was Working....

Joe Jeep

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
First of all, I am new to Androids and to this forum, so if this has been previously posted and answered; I apologize.

I have the Inspire 4G and do like the device other than a few issues: low volume, so-so battery life, and not syncing to my Outlook via HTC Sync.

I have installed uninstalled HTC Sync on my laptop (with and without Norton 260 on or off), uninstalled HTC Sync from my Inspire, and called Tech Support. All of this has failed. I'm tempted to go back to AT&T and get another BB (they at least sync up with my computer and contacts).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Thanks

Hardware:
Toshiba Laptop Athlon X2 64bit
Win 7 Home Premium
All windows updates current
HTC Inspire 4G with Android 2.2.1
I got my Inspire in February. It is now July. It has NEVER "Synced" using HTC Sync. I tried EVERYTHING. I just found the very simple solution online today so, I am applying to every forum I went to that did not have an answer. I am signing up and posting like crazy. The problem is that the software crashes during boot because of your itunes folder located in your "My Music" folder. Just drag and drop it to somewhere else (I used "My Documents") and then try to sync again. POW! Take THAT!!!!! -FYI I paired my music down file by file returning it and found one song file that was causing the problem. If you wanna move stuff back, do it piece by piece.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude