Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry HTC Sync will not see Inspire

First of all, I am new to Androids and to this forum, so if this has been previously posted and answered; I apologize.

I have the Inspire 4G and do like the device other than a few issues: low volume, so-so battery life, and not syncing to my Outlook via HTC Sync.

I have installed uninstalled HTC Sync on my laptop (with and without Norton 260 on or off), uninstalled HTC Sync from my Inspire, and called Tech Support. All of this has failed. I'm tempted to go back to AT&T and get another BB (they at least sync up with my computer and contacts).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Thanks

Hardware:
    Toshiba Laptop Athlon X2 64bit
    Win 7 Home Premium
    All windows updates current
    HTC Inspire 4G with Android 2.2.1

Not to be a smart azz but when you plug in the usb do you check the sync circle?
    Due to the recent economy, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yep, have tried that too.

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

HTC Sycn doesn't see my phone either. <shrugs>

And I agree about the low volume, but it's odd. It's only during calls. The SRS enhancementfor music is much better. Seems like this could be fixed with a S/W upgrade/update.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ok, I don't know exactly how, but I FINALLY got my laptop and phone to play nice with each other. Here's what I did:

Uninstalled everything with HTC in it from my laptop.
    Uninstalled HTC sync from the phone
    Downloaded (again) HTC sync from the website
    Rebooted both
    Plugged the phone into the computer and it said the drivers weren't installed properly, BUT windows took me to the HTC website for a drive for a T-Mobil device (I don't remember which though).
    Reinstalled HTC sync on the laptop.
    Rebooted again
    and All Was Working....

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

I got mine to work.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

[ Sent from an LG Optimus V ]
    NEXUS4 | XYLON | FRANCO | TWRP

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

How do I reinstall sync on the phone? Thanks
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by robin48 View Post
    How do I reinstall sync on the phone? Thanks
    Robin;

I think when you plug your phone back up to your PC, it will reinstall it. I'm not 100% but at least my guess.

Rick
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

I'm still within my thirty days. Going to swap it for another one

Default Re: HTC Sync will not see Inspire

Quote Originally Posted by emtp435 View Post
    First of all, I am new to Androids and to this forum, so if this has been previously posted and answered; I apologize.

I have the Inspire 4G and do like the device other than a few issues: low volume, so-so battery life, and not syncing to my Outlook via HTC Sync.

I have installed uninstalled HTC Sync on my laptop (with and without Norton 260 on or off), uninstalled HTC Sync from my Inspire, and called Tech Support. All of this has failed. I'm tempted to go back to AT&T and get another BB (they at least sync up with my computer and contacts).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Thanks

Hardware:
    Toshiba Laptop Athlon X2 64bit
    Win 7 Home Premium
    All windows updates current
    HTC Inspire 4G with Android 2.2.1
    I got my Inspire in February. It is now July. It has NEVER "Synced" using HTC Sync. I tried EVERYTHING. I just found the very simple solution online today so, I am applying to every forum I went to that did not have an answer. I am signing up and posting like crazy. The problem is that the software crashes during boot because of your itunes folder located in your "My Music" folder. Just drag and drop it to somewhere else (I used "My Documents") and then try to sync again. POW! Take THAT!!!!! -FYI I paired my music down file by file returning it and found one song file that was causing the problem. If you wanna move stuff back, do it piece by piece.