1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Default AT&T Fail (Customer Service Response)

I've side loaded .apk's to my Inspire so it's not a big deal, however since I work in Product Support myself, I thought I'd email AT&T and try to obtain their thoughts on the Amazon App Store issue.

Original Email:
    Any updates on non-Market apps for the AT&T phones (see link below)?

http://www.androidcentral.com/its-fa...pps-its-phones

I understand this might be the company policy however this is alienating your customer base & potential customers. I'm new to AT&T since March 15th & only went with AT&T's service because it's cheaper if I setup a 2nd phone on my wife's plan. I'm still in my 30 days & honestly thinking about canceling my contract & going with Verizon or Sprint.
    Response (Talk about sterile!!)
    Thank you for taking the time to e-mail AT&T regarding off-market applications. My name is ***, and I am happy to help you with your inquiry.

Unfortunately, we are unable to review the link you have provided. Please know that any application that is not approved by AT&T or the writer of your operating system may not be safe to install. If your device does not allow for some off market applications, be assured that this is for security purposes.

Should you have additional concerns or questions about this issue please reply to this email. If you need to contact us again regarding a new issue please send us another email via the contact link through your online account. Again, my name is Jennifer Ryburn, and I thank you for being a valued AT&T customer for many years. We will do our best to ensure that your wireless experience is a success.

I encourage you to visit our web site () often to view current and previous monthly statements, make payments and to shop for new product and service offerings.

Sincerely,
    AT&T
    Online Customer Care Professional
    My response:
    My comments are about me being an unhappy customer & potentially leaving AT&T for another company. These comments should at least be sent up the chain or documented with customer retention.

AT&T currently has a URL indicating the issue with the Amazon App Store (see link below).

(Don't worry! It's an AT&T URL and safe to click on!)

It's well documented how poorly AT&T is looked upon by mobile customers. The great thing about being a consumer is we do have choices.

I say they should not have the right to block us from these apps. If it is an app that would be of legal concern such as piracy or theft then that is a differnt story but to deny us of all outside apps is just wrong. They need to realize that we purchase these devices, so therefore we should have the say on if we would like to install apps outside of the market. If we then determine that we would like to install these apps and cause phone failure then shame on us. If they want to restrict the use of the phone then they should not be allowed to charge for the devices. We as consumer that purchased this device should have that say. There are virus' for PC's, but microsoft still allows us to make the judgement on if we would like to install a potentially dangerous program.

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    ROM
    GingerBeast & CM7

Hmm..maybe you made their response explode upon its delivery. AT&T can't handle negative comments and blog posts.

I can certainly relate to the above post from homescrub. I gave the Inspire a 7 out of 10 rating on their website and they kicked it back. The only reason the Inspire got a 7 was because of the "4G" branding without it being a "4G" device as of YET.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Wired4Speed View Post
    If they want to restrict the use of the phone then they should not be allowed to charge for the devices.
    No different than how they have HSUPA diabled. Luckily, there's a fix coming for that!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

I received a response back & apparently a retention sup/mgr is going to call me back.

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Don't hold your breath on that one. I called and complained a month ago that I wasn't getting a discount properly credited and was told that someone from enterprise solutions (?) would be working on it and getting back to me. Not yet.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Is that right? Another fail I guess.