Contemplating switching to the iPhone 4

Abundnce10

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
This is my first smartphone but I used my iPod Touch religiously while living abroad. I really enjoy getting out of the death-grip of Apple but there are a few things that I really miss and I'm wondering if there is a way to do the same on Android. For example...

1) I have ePub books that I haven't purchased from Amazon and I want to find a way to read them on the HTC Inspire. Does anyone know of a way to do this? (with Apple, I would use Stanza App).

2) I enjoy watching movies on the HTC Inspire but when I stop a video before and come back it it won't save where I left off. Is there anyway to make it so it remembers where I finished last time?

3) I haven't upgraded to the 32gb SDMicro so I haven't put much music on here, but I was wondering if I put my collection (about 12gb) is the organization of the music very intuitive?

If anyone could help me with these concerns I'd appreciate it, and I won't have to return to the dreaded, authoritative Apple operating system.

Thanks!

thegov

May 6, 2010
Visit site
With doubletwist you can arrange your music however you want i believe even import your playlists from itunes..but i would just upload your music to the amazon cloud player..then you don't need to take up room on your card and you can play your music from any pc or android device anywhere. also creating playlists on the amazon player is very easy..
not sure about #2 on your list, i don't really watch that many movies, but check the market for a movie player with more/better fearures than the stock player.
as for #1 on your list the kindle reader is free idk if you can import your titles to the kindle app.

clintrojan

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
1. You tried Google books, kindle app, ect???

2. Are you hitting the back button or the home button? The back button will close an app, thus not saving playback. You can try another player or using the home button and see if it works.

3. I use HTC Sync for my music, pics, ect. It puts them in the music folder very nicely and easy. Just specify your music folder and bam! it sync'd. BUT I am a person who hates itunes...

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
If you have DRM protected songs in iTunes you won't be able to play them on your Inspire (or anything other than Apple for that matter). All the songs you got for 99 cents a couple years ago are protected. You would have to upgrade to iTunes plus to unlock them. They charge you 30 cents per song (that's why all songs are $1.29 now). You can find out how in the iTunes store. That's why I get all my music from Amazon now.

spawn50

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If you have DRM protected songs in iTunes you won't be able to play them on your Inspire (or anything other than Apple for that matter). All the songs you got for 99 cents a couple years ago are protected. You would have to upgrade to iTunes plus to unlock them. They charge you 30 cents per song (that's why all songs are $1.29 now). You can find out how in the iTunes store. That's why I get all my music from Amazon now.

To get around the DRM you can burn an audio cd then rip to MP3. Ya it's a pain in the but, but it works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane