HTC Inspire keyboard sometimes keys dont work

mizmellyjelly

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen anyone else have this problem but I was wondering what might be causing it. Yesterday I noticed that all of a sudden, the letter "H" stopped working. I just rebooted the phone and it was working fine after but then today randomly, the letter "A" stopped working.

The phone is 2 weeks old which I bought off an aftermarket seller online but it was sealed brand new in box when I got it. Could the touchscreen be defective?

It was working fine for the whole 2 weeks up until yesterday.

satoups

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Several of use has had this issue. I am own my second inspire and the same thing happens maybe once every ten days or so. I used another keyboard from the market and it seemed to correct the problem. Just a few days ago I side loaded swype and so for it has not happen using swype texting. I am hoping they correct this in 2.3
Try another keyboard and let us know.

Reactions: mizmellyjelly

clintrojan

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Swiftkey is great, I use it even after initially loving swype.

The gingerbread keyboard on the marketplace is good as well if you are looking for a more stockish keyboard.

Reactions: mizmellyjelly

aparat

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
It probably didn't happen to you, but I found that sometimes in horizontal mode, I accidentally touch the left upper corner of the screen with my left index finger. This causes the keyboard to stop responding, but that's entirely my fault.

Sent using Tapatalk

parker.mc

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
This problem pops up on my phone every few weeks. I've been using swiftkey instead of the stock keyboard, but it still starts to randomly disable one or two keys when I try to use the keyboard, and it's always different keys so it isn't a problem with the screen. The only way I've found to fix it is to do a factory reset, but it seems a bit excessive to do this every month. Does anyone know a better way to fix this?