Deleted Pictures

mowquas

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem...mostly with pics I take with the camera. They disappear after a day or two. Is this a recurring problem or will removal/reinstall of the SD card fix it?

ibanana

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
what happens to me is the disappear. i took the phone into at&t and the sales person took my sd card out and put it back in. then the pictures came back.

Profireman25

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
what happens to me is the disappear. i took the phone into at&t and the sales person took my sd card out and put it back in. then the pictures came back.
This keeps happening to me too, but it happens all the time. I get tired of having to take my sd card out everytime i go to look at pictures or videos. Is there not a long term solution to this???

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
This issue started happening to me on my Thunderbolt recently.

Here is what I have done:

First, you can use an app such as Astro File Manager and go into your SD card and look for the file "dcim"(at least on the TBolt this is what the file is named), you can find your pictures in there. Click dcim>>>media

Second, an probably the easiest and best fix, is to go into the Market and download Quickpic. When you snap a picture and it disappears from your gallery, it will not disappear from Quickpic. So now when I snap photos and want to view, share, edit, etc.., them later, I just use QuickPic as my gallery now. Just open QuickPic and click on media and your pictures will all be there. One other advantage of QuickPic is that when you use the app to set Wallpapers on your device, QuickPic eliminates banding that occurs with some pics/wallpapers.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Barney Lerten

Barney Lerten

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much for 'rescuing' my vanishing pix with the Quickpic recommendation! Of course, why IT can see the pix and Gallery can't is ... bizarre, but mine is not to question why, mine is just to say THANKS - free app, great looking, pix I thought were long gone and now I can send them to myself etc. Most appreciated AF One!!:)

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks so much for 'rescuing' my vanishing pix with the Quickpic recommendation! Of course, why IT can see the pix and Gallery can't is ... bizarre, but mine is not to question why, mine is just to say THANKS - free app, great looking, pix I thought were long gone and now I can send them to myself etc. Most appreciated AF One!!:)

No problem man, glad I could help. :)