apps restarting (service?) question

Sensu

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
anyone know of a way to keep unused apps/tasks closed? I tried advanced task killer and just regular task killer. I can close maps or facebook tasks and 2 seconds later its up and running again. No wonder the battery drains so fast with all this stuff forced to run.

Thanks

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Apps running in the background use little to no resources, therefore almost no drain on the battery. The operating system is designed to keep certain tasks in the background so they can be opened quickly and easily. It has been stated by many (including me) that task killers should not be used on Froyo and above. They're a thing of the past now. By killing a task that's supposed to be in the background as determined by the system, you're using more battery because the system has to start the task back up. Look at your battery statistics (menu>settings>about phone) and you'll see what's draining you battery.

The best thing to do is restart the device maybe once a week (just like you would a pc) or when it seems to be acting funny. These are mini-computers, after all. To retart, hold the power button until the menu pops up and choose restart.

Bzow

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
What's been working really well for me is an app called Watchdog. It's a task monitor. You set a threshold of whatever is appropriate for you and it will alert you of any "runaway" apps. At that point, you can kill the app that's using up your phone's resources. This is a much better way, IMHO, of keeping tabs on your phone than an ATK. There's a free version of watchdog, so I recommend trying it out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87