1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Inspire gps

I've read and personally experienced horrible GPS issues with the inspire. Well I really think my experience is Google software experience. The Google map works perfect but the navigation was unreliable and I need that for work. So on a whim I downloaded navigon and it works a hell of a lot better than Google navigation. Yeah I know its expensive but like I said I need reliable GPS for my business. Just wanted to past this along.

Try also Mapquest - it's free.
    Android user since the very first T-Mobile G1...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by ReuvenNY View Post
    Try also Mapquest - it's free.
    Well since I paid for this app I'm going to use this one. More reliable and has more features such as red light camera alert traffic rerouting and traffic reports.

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    ROM
    LeeDroid

Quote Originally Posted by Hermdroid View Post
    Well since I paid for this app I'm going to use this one. More reliable and has more features such as red light camera alert traffic rerouting and traffic reports.
    you should get the GPS booster app. it made a difference with my phone.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Actually, I'm quite impressed as Google Map Navigation has been working very well for me. I guess one's mileage really does vary.
    Karl
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by masareti View Post
    you should get the GPS booster app. it made a difference with my phone.
    I tried some kind of GPS app that I read on these forums. Supposedly it downloads some kind of assistant GPS but it didn't work either with Google navigation. That's when I got fed up and bought navigon.

I have had no problem at all with google navigation.

I've had a few gps issues here or there as well. I've noticed that when turning the "use wireless networks" box off in the location settings that the gps acquires a lot quicker. Maybe give that a try?

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    ROM
    LeeDroid

i think i figured out the problem for the GPS. i got a GPS test app that measures how many satellites its connected to. if you didn't know the LED cover is the GPS receiver. i covered it with my hand , i wouldn't get any satellites. as soon as i let go, i got 8 satellites and accuracy to 3 meters indoors.

Good tip.