Voicemaill problem

Davefyil

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
So im an old iphone user that made a switch to the inspire not to long ago. I have very few problems with the phone minus one biggy, well not so much a problem with the phone, but the set up.
I bought the phone from best buy and the guy set it up for me, not long after i noticed that i wasnt recieving any voicemail, which at the time wasnt anything big, but i know that my dad leaves voicemail and i havent recieved any when i miss his calls.
I have looked up how to set up the voicemail and followed the procedure, but when i get to the main menu it asks me to either put in a phone number to call someone or press pound. When i press pound it asks for the mailbox number that was given to me by my system manager. I dont know what to do to fix my mail box any suggestions?

(btw sorry for my not so great grammar)

ps im with att

KarlJ

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I had the same. Just call AT&T. The girl I spoke with fixed it in two minutes.

(You aren't doing anything wrong... it just didn't register when you changed over from the iPhone).

enigmaos

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Yupe, you have to call at&t or use tech support chat to have voicemail activated. They will ask you to restart the phone after vm is added to your number.

ednygma

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Agree with above posters...I came from iPhone3g and after I left AT&T store found I no longer had a voicemail account set up. Apparently there was a switch on my account the rep did not select. I called AT&T and they got it turned back on. I then set up Google Voice for my visual voicemail and all is well now.